The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #5,387 of 6,678
until now I'm still longing to audition 335dw-sr though i have the 335 togo

Heard both 335dw-sr and 335dw, which the 335 togo is based on according to uncle Wilson at Jaben. there is a noticeable difference. Hope you get to listen to the SR. In the end i prefer the SR more. You can’t go wrong whichever you prefer.

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #5,388 of 6,678
I think it’s really preferential to one’s taste. I had the MH335DW-SR for the longest time, and possibly one of its earliest adopters here in HF but I found it took time to appreciate it. I’ve even had mine further custom tuned.

The Titans was easier to listen to for my preferences & is still the pinnacle of all my CIEMs.

Yea I know you and Rudi I recall were early adopters when no one else had even known the existence of the SR. Anyway I also have got mine for more than 5 years now, my feelings towards it had developed from a tiny bit underwhelmed to now fully satisfied and have my full reliance for music reproduction/production.

Definitely a matter of taste and possibly our different sensibility to different frequency ranges also. The Titans are a bit tiring to listen to for me for longer listening sessions like over 2 hours. The tuning is like a complete opposite to the SR, (the following is my own perception - not measured and not proven facts) with SR like boosting the 7K and 9-10K range slightly but leaving the 8K behind for a smoother listen and fuller body, while the Titan is boosting the 8K a fair bit giving a sharper attack and more prominent presence to most instruments.

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #5,389 of 6,678
Hi guys , I want to ask
I want to buy a used mh334. Can i reshell it without removing/keeping the faceplate and the fitear connector? Or I f I want to reshell it , the only way is removing the part and make a new type of connector? Thanks :)

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #5,390 of 6,678
Theoretically possible but IMHO, the sound signature of an IEM is not solely on its components. I.e. reshelling by 3rd party is likely going to make the same IEM sound different from what it is intended. I don’t think it will sound like a FitEar MH334 anymore.

Jul 14, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #5,392 of 6,678
Theoretically possible but IMHO, the sound signature of an IEM is not solely on its components. I.e. reshelling by 3rd party is likely going to make the same IEM sound different from what it is intended. I don’t think it will sound like a FitEar MH334 anymore.

Oh really? I thought that a BA iem's will sound almost the same because of its sound mechanism. Nice information to consider. Thanks :)

Most likely you can.
Contact Ambient Acoustics on this matter.
Okay thanks for the information :)

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #5,393 of 6,678
How’s the pairing so far :) good synergy?

Good synergy. Both with the Air2 and the Titan. But then again, the Tera has always shone with more difficult to drive IEMs. I‘m surprised that it still sounds so good after all this time.

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #5,394 of 6,678
thanks for the input, would SP2000SS have enough juice for the Titan?

Absolutely! I am currently on both the SP1000Cu and SP2000Cu. No issues driving the Titan or the Air2.

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #5,395 of 6,678
Haha special is shortlived while greatness is eternal LOL That's why I awed at my Titan for a good while before returning to my 335DWSR only finding it to be THE one.

I tend to rotate between the FitEar BAs and Hybrids. :)

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #5,397 of 6,678
Finally got my mh334, it's mids are amazing :)

My next question is, is this BA on this iem is planted on the resin or it's shell is hollow? Thanks :)

unless they have changed the production methods, it'd be solid.

Jul 20, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #5,398 of 6,678
Has anyone heard the Fitear DC? Couldn’t find any reviews or impressions on it. Looks interesting with dual DD and estat.

Jul 26, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #5,399 of 6,678
I’ve owned my FitEar MH335DW-SR for just a little over a year now, and I’ve been looking for a 4.4mm cable recently. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Edit: Pardon the lack of posts: I created this account to lurk in 2013 but I‘ve only just decided to get back into the hobby last year.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #5,400 of 6,678
I’ve owned my FitEar MH335DW-SR for just a little over a year now, and I’ve been looking for a 4.4mm cable recently. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Edit: Pardon the lack of posts: I created this account to lurk in 2013 but I‘ve only just decided to get back into the hobby last year.
Personally I have the Tralucent Uber (v1) for my MH335DW-SR. I generally like the Uber cable anyway which adds a little more sparkle to the warm holographic MH335DW-SR signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back