The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jul 29, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #5,402 of 6,678
Any drawback of buying an used Fitear iem instead of brand new ?
Are you talking about buying a used CUSTOM Fitear? Or UNIVERSAL models?

For universal I believe I shouldn't be a big issue since they were designed that way. Only possible issues would be if it is out of warranty and something happens you would have to bear the full cost of the repairs which might not be cheap. (My Fitear custom Monet17 is now back with Fitear labs for repair due to channel imbalance. Repair consisted of driver replacement on the right side and part replacement on the left side. Both internal damage so opening up both drivers is required. 2 way shipping + repair cost me ~350USD)

For customs, as far as I understand, they fill the shells after they are done building the ciem, which makes retelling very tough. I am aware there are a few companies who are able to do it, but the placement of the sound tubes and drivers might not be identical to how Fitear intended, which might result in a different sound. I personally have not experienced this but I am sure there would be many people here who would be able to share their experience with reshelling used Fitears.

Hope this helps! ☺️

Jul 31, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #5,403 of 6,678
Any drawback of buying an used Fitear iem instead of brand new ?
Me , buying a used mh334 a week ago..
Someone in the previous page suggest me to contact ambient acoustic for reshell service for ciem. So far, it's the cheapest one. Only $300. But haven't try it. If the local ciems maker in my country can't do it , I'll try to do it via ambient acoustic.

Aug 14, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #5,404 of 6,678
20200814_102247.jpg

finally got a second hand Titan. using cm to fitear adaptor for the time being until I recable my PW 1950s.

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #5,407 of 6,678
Sep 7, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #5,409 of 6,678
Sep 11, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #5,410 of 6,678
Thanks for the heads up @wyou0606 ! It’s just been made available in Singapore along with the custom EST. Have placed my order with Claire of Jaben SG. Now the waiting game begins once again. :)

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #5,412 of 6,678
does anyone here want to sale a MH335DWSR ?
if yes pm me please !
Just got one . I hope you can get your soon. Very nice for vocals and pop music. Female vocals are so sweet especially when you pair it with tube dap like the N3Pro. The vocals are so good it beats Z1R and andromeda 2020. Now I exclusively listen to vocals and pop on mh335 dw Sr. Even though vocals sound super clear and transparent on the Susvara. But their is something special on how the vocals sound on the Fitear mh335 dw Sr that some night I just choose these over Susvara. Intimate and sweet with just enough weight and clarity.

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #5,413 of 6,678
Did AB test with noble k10 which my friend feel like after going through more than dozen iem it’s the best for vocals. I still say the mh335 dw Sr beats it and is in a whole nother league. My friend tried the Fitear and he also like it more than his noble k10. However for few tracks the k10 vocals may sound sweeter. But for the majority of the tracks, the mh335 dw Sr beats it right and left.

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #5,414 of 6,678
Just got one . I hope you can get your soon. Very nice for vocals and pop music. Female vocals are so sweet especially when you pair it with tube dap like the N3Pro. The vocals are so good it beats Z1R and andromeda 2020. Now I exclusively listen to vocals and pop on mh335 dw Sr. Even though vocals sound super clear and transparent on the Susvara. But their is something special on how the vocals sound on the Fitear mh335 dw Sr that some night I just choose these over Susvara. Intimate and sweet with just enough weight and clarity.

The 335dwsr is certainly incredible, and the love only grows when u hear more and more of newer releases from the big boys with many times its driver count and different mixture of the newest driver tech but still finds the 335 fully capable to hold its own, if not bettering them.

Oct 5, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #5,415 of 6,678
The 335dwsr is certainly incredible, and the love only grows when u hear more and more of newer releases from the big boys with many times its driver count and different mixture of the newest driver tech but still finds the 335 fully capable to hold its own, if not bettering them.
Which newer releases do you think has similiar sound signature as the 335 dw sr ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back