The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Feb 20, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #5,206 of 6,678
Is there anything that the EST does better than the Titan that would make you want to get an EST even as a Titan owner?
May try the est ti universial now in Fujiya avic

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #5,207 of 6,678
Is there anything that the EST does better than the Titan that would make you want to get an EST even as a Titan owner?
I personally prefer the rendering & depth of the Titan bass.

I’m very contented with the Titan that I’ve not not really desired anything else (CIEM-wise).

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #5,209 of 6,678

I’m very contented with the Titan that I’ve not not really desired anything else (CIEM-wise).

I'm also very content with my Titan UIEM. They got some magical voodoo in there - it should be along the lines with the Fostex TE200 with the dual dynamic arranged like a passive radiator type, and there should be a lot of design elements in the chamber housing the DD such that there's no port at all in the Titan's body. Whatever it is, the end result is mesmerizing. I personally likes the bass rendition of the Titan very much - some of the cleanest bass ever heard from a DD setup.

That said, the EST is still a very attractive option. Air2, Titan and the EST (and with some bias, the 335DWSR) represents a more mature and less cliche tuning in general from Suyama-san & Co. The warm and fussy tilt of Harada-san seems to be gradually phasing out from the Fitear lineup.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #5,211 of 6,678
got a question guys
I got the MH334 for few months now, using it with ifi micro bl and im still having somewhat love\hate relationship with them,
mainly because the vocals sound often just blurred\muddy thanks to the low mids emphasis...

did anyone here felt the same and came up with a solution somehow?
send it back to FITEAR and do the SR upgrade, trust me, the SR really worth a try.

Feb 25, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #5,213 of 6,678
my 334 are third party so it wont be possible in my case
how do they fit? In japan fitear is more famous as the one of the most comfortable ciem you can buy if not the most.
Back to the topic, every fitear mh334 driver is specially turned and place to your earshape in a fashion which will match all the sound design similar to the reference they are after and then fill the shell with Acrylic to stop the driver from sliding due to vibrations, which might also slightly improve sonund. I seriously doubt a remod could provide the same sonic performance like the original. Hence the Fitear Togo 334 might be a better choice if you can’t find any shop which distributes fitear products in your country.

Feb 25, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #5,214 of 6,678

After seeing you guys talking about the titan you guess what...I walk out with a Titan yesterday, however I didn’t pay a cent, I exchanged with my channel unpaired nearly dead driver Sony quila 010 for a free Sony Walkman wm1z (the copper one) and a pair of fitear titan which is now being made, via I am still waiting for my 334come back from the sr program.......

Feb 25, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #5,215 of 6,678
Question guys, which cable you recommend for the Fitear titan?

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #5,216 of 6,678
After seeing you guys talking about the titan you guess what...I walk out with a Titan yesterday, however I didn’t pay a cent, I exchanged with my channel unpaired nearly dead driver Sony quila 010 for a free Sony Walkman wm1z (the copper one) and a pair of fitear titan which is now being made, via I am still waiting for my 334come back from the sr program.......
Oh oh, “sorry for your wallet”, happy for your ears! Hope you like the Titan! So is it custom since it’s “being made”, or are the universals made-to-order too?

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #5,217 of 6,678
Oh oh, “sorry for your wallet”, happy for your ears! Hope you like the Titan! So is it custom since it’s “being made”, or are the universals made-to-order too?
Universial made to order, I have too many ciem but none of them have decent resell value so I decided to just order the universial one. I don’t know is it just me but I can’t fit the est universial well but the titan is ok.

Anakchan what cable do you recommend for the Titan?

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #5,218 of 6,678
Universial made to order, I have too many ciem but none of them have decent resell value so I decided to just order the universial one. I don’t know is it just me but I can’t fit the est universial well but the titan is ok.

Anakchan what cable do you recommend for the Titan?
My default is the Tralucent Uber (v1.0 solid core) cable. Sonically I love this cable but being solid core, it needs TLC. Alternatives I have are the Brise Audio cables.

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #5,219 of 6,678
My default is the Tralucent Uber (v1.0 solid core) cable. Sonically I love this cable but being solid core, it needs TLC. Alternatives I have are the Brise Audio cables.
Thank you I will go to have a try after I receive my Titan. But the brise audio yatono is a bit too expansive for me.

Feb 25, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #5,220 of 6,678
Thank you I will go to have a try after I receive my Titan. But the brise audio yatono is a bit too expansive for me.
For a better portion of my MH-335DWSR life, I had the Beat Audio Pima Donna. I liked that cable as it was a combo of full detailed sound but also practically supple. Sadly after many years, it develop a cable disconnection somewhere.I’m sure with greater care the issue wouldn’t have developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back