THE FIRST FREQ SHOW REVIEW (Music Makers Triple Driver model from The FreQ) - w/PICS
May 4, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #122 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, I might have to look more into these before I decide to go with Livewires.

From many reviews here, the Livewires are very nice and sound good. I have tried both dual driver and triple driver universals, and so far I prefer the triple drivers - but I have to be honest and admit that I have not tried the Livewires. That being said, I am of course biased, and very happy with my SuperFreQs, so that is what I recommend, specially with the braided wires
wink.gif

Will

May 4, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #123 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, and I CANNOT stress enough the need for an amp to make these shine. it is a night/day difference in sound.

That is cool to hear. When I started to listen to IEM's, I noticed they sounded better when driven from my high-performance mini^3 amp, so I am already used to carry an amp around
smily_headphones1.gif

Question: how is the sensitivity compared to other IEM's that you have tried? Specially the SuperFreQs? Was the hiss level out of portables lower/higher than other IEM's? I ask since found my SuperFreQs a little bit more sensitive than my UE Triple.Fi's at the same volume level.

Will

May 4, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #124 of 167
In the past, the only reservation we had about the FreQs was the build quality. Now that that is history, I would recommend the FreQs to anyone. The company has stepped to a new level in the past few months.

The Music Maker line is a steal if you compare it to comparable UE products. The cost for a laser engraved single colored design is $30 (2 colors = $40, 3 = $50). This is nothing compared to the $100-$150 charged by UE. Of course, UE has better color options
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #126 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone on this forum live in austin texas? Im looking for a good audiologist with a good price. its a long shot, but worth a try.

Freq Shows coming out tommorrow! anyone else excited? Anyone very sure that they are gonna get them tommorrow and write a review?

If you have any reason/desire/need to drive to Houston in the near future, I went to an audiologist in the greater Katy area that I wholeheartedly recommend. Her name is Mary Sue Harrison, and she's done impressions for Bono, Dave Matthews, NASCAR drivers, and Astronauts. I got my impressions done from her (only $25 too!) for my Livewires and am quite happy with the results.

Don't let her show you her Sensaphonics 2X-S IEMs though! You will want them!

Here is her contact info, if you can't drive to Katy/Houston, give her a call and I bet she'd be able to recommend someone for you in Austin:

Today's Hearing
Mary Sue Harrison
Houston
281-578-7500

May 4, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #127 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
added fit pics in the review.

Nice pics - both of the IEM's and the wearer
wink.gif

They look comfortable in position, plus you can't barely see the clear interior
biggrin.gif

Will

May 5, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #128 of 167
Quote:

Nice pics - both of the IEM's and the wearer

now thats awkward.

Yea thats a nice fit. Did you get those on your first impression or did you have to send them back?

and guys, why are you knocking on this girl? she seems harmless....

May 5, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #129 of 167
Quote:

now thats awkward.

Yea thats a nice fit. Did you get those on your first impression or did you have to send them back?

and guys, why are you knocking on this girl? she seems harmless....

rolleyes.gif

Yeah, this was from a first time fit and they are perfect. The seal doesn't break, even chewing gum and other tasks that cause the seal to break. The thrick is to do open mouth.

I am relatively harmless

May 5, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #130 of 167
Double post. Deleted.

May 5, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #131 of 167
I live in Austin and went to http://www.victoryhearing.com/.

$50 for both ears. The only other people who could match that price was Sears, but they were busy.

Here is a link to my experience: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/fre...ml#post4119681

Quote:

Anyone on this forum live in austin texas? Im looking for a good audiologist with a good price. its a long shot, but worth a try.

Freq Shows coming out tommorrow! anyone else excited? Anyone very sure that they are gonna get them tommorrow and write a review?

May 5, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #135 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, the prices there are messed up. the freqshow are 250
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, I noted that. I though it should be $350, right?
confused.gif

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back