THE FIRST FREQ SHOW REVIEW (Music Makers Triple Driver model from The FreQ) - w/PICS
May 4, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #106 of 167
Yes, and I CANNOT stress enough the need for an amp to make these shine. it is a night/day difference in sound.

About the connector - it worried me too at first, but after seeing how sturdy it is, I am not concerned. i think tha the cable itself will wear out before the connector.

CONGRATS ON YOUR FREQSHOW!

They look sweet!

I would also suggest getting the custom artwork for anyone because it just makes it that much more special and individual.

Now, I am looking for an even better amp!
Curse You Head-fi!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whoever owns these: once the swelling goes down,

Are these worth selling the SE530s and pitching in another $100+ for these? I would also need an amp.... so another $200

thanks guys.

I HOPE that the guys at Freq will fix that connector problem. I really dont think that they will keep it like that. They could even extend the mold a little more?

May 4, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #107 of 167
how much extra is the custom artwork usually?

May 4, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #109 of 167
I hope that the FreQ Shows somehow manage to flush their cables better. It affects the aesthetics and probably one's impression of the build quality, whether they ARE strong, or not.

Hm, so without an amp, it would sound terrible? And not possible to listen to at all?

Hm, where can I get the pics of the new Westone wires?

May 4, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #111 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt you can wear them vertically. I think you have to choose one or the other. The FreQ Shows are made for stage musicians who will wear the customs over the ear every time they use it to prevent snagging.

They are using cables identical to the ES2 and UE ones (same plug, connector). However, Westone and UE are getting new cables I think. I've seen the new clear Westone cable (feedmetrance) that has the Westone logo on it and looks nicer.

Hm, if they're gonna have those memory hard wires at the top, like the LiveWires, it should allow for both ways, shouldnt it ? I hope it does! Would be cool to switch here and there, and make a choice. :/
OR, i could just get 2 cables....

May 4, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #112 of 167
I should mention abiout my fit, since it seems to be bbetter than the other one posted.

Mine has virtually no clear portion showing. I also have very small ears. There is a tiny portion tha you can see on the helix (when at an angle), but that is it.

May 4, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #113 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelixus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, ya think that the FreQ Shows can be worn both ways, over head and vertically?
And, are they using ES2 cables? or something really similar?

These look like my Westone ES cables, and look like the Livewires cables - my guess it is the same supplier to all of them.

Will

May 4, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #114 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are using cables identical to the ES2 and UE ones (same plug, connector). However, Westone and UE are getting new cables I think. I've seen the new clear Westone cable (feedmetrance) that has the Westone logo on it and looks nicer.

You mean this clear version?
Hearing products for hearing professionals :: Westone

I would imagine that the source of these can "brand" them or not. So they might not say "Westone", but it is the same cable. We deal with OEM manufacturers all of the time, so I know we do this often.

Will

May 4, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #116 of 167
Would the absence of an amp be world's apart when say compared to livewires with/without an amp?

cos my friend with the livewires said that he did not hear too much a difference with an amp.
How would I be able to tell what IEMs work best with amp or marginally better with amp?

May 4, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #117 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelixus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're saying that they're the same manufacturer that cater to different brands?

It is "extremely" highly unlikely that each Westone, Livewires, FreQs, and others, has their own manufacturing plant for these cables. Most likely there is one or two suppliers, and these sell their cables to manufacturers of IEM's. The purchaser might want to pay a premium to have their cables "branded", like Westone does. But if you look at the Livewires and the new FreQs, they are not branded - this makes them cheaper.

In the world of electronics where I have more hands-on experience, sub-assemblies and various modules are bought from the few sources in Asia - everybody elese just acts as an integrator/design house using those modules. Some vendors will OEM/ODM entire products and they just stick on their "name" or brand - it happens all of the time. My take is that given that the cables "look" identical, that the same is going on here.

Wil

May 4, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #118 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is "extremely" highly unlikely that each Westone, Livewires, FreQs, and others, has their own manufacturing plant for these cables. Most likely there is one or two suppliers, and these sell their cables to manufacturers of IEM's. The purchaser might want to pay a premium to have their cables "branded", like Westone does. But if you look at the Livewires and the new FreQs, they are not branded - this makes them cheaper.

In the world of electronics where I have more hands-on experience, sub-assemblies and various modules are bought from the few sources in Asia - everybody elese just acts as an integrator/design house using those modules. Some vendors will OEM/ODM entire products and they just stick on their "name" or brand - it happens all of the time. My take is that given that the cables "look" identical, that the same is going on here.

Wil

I found out a long time ago that the maker of these braided cables is a company called Plastics One.

May 4, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #119 of 167
Anyone on this forum live in austin texas? Im looking for a good audiologist with a good price. its a long shot, but worth a try.

Freq Shows coming out tommorrow! anyone else excited? Anyone very sure that they are gonna get them tommorrow and write a review?

May 4, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #120 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone on this forum live in austin texas? Im looking for a good audiologist with a good price. its a long shot, but worth a try.

Freq Shows coming out tommorrow! anyone else excited? Anyone very sure that they are gonna get them tommorrow and write a review?

Three people already have the FreQ Show
biggrin.gif
If you want to see more pics, check the FreQ Impression thread first page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back