The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Feb 7, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #376 of 902
Ray has stated that he has a supply of the connectors that anyone can purchase so with all the cable manufactures out there from big to little, I am sure there is someone to fill the role.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #377 of 902
also ray has mentioned that he had passed some of the connectors to other manufacturers although right now, the only one who has announced the Protector compatible cables are Whiplash Audio.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #378 of 902
hey, just like to inform everyone that Whiplash Audio is now offering reterminating services ( to the Protector balanced plug) for headphones and earphones. I'm not sure which headphones and earphones can Craig do, so its best to just send him an email!

also he is making XLR adaptors, 1/4" and 1/8" adaptors. he will post up pictures on his sponsor forum in a while, so check them out!

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #379 of 902
im afraid to know how this is gonna cost but if it brings down price of mustangs in the fs forum, np.

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #380 of 902
I am really excited about this amp. I would love to try it out. Are you going to offer any other colors?

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #383 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericwatson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray out of these three amps Protector, SR71A, or P-51 which one has the most
power for driving full size head phones like Senn Hd-650

The Protector in balanced & the SR-71A in single ended.
Ray Samuels

Feb 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #384 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are waiting for the new batteries to arrive. They will ship on Feb. 11th. I paid for fast delivery so they get here by air. We will assemble all the units & once the battery are here, I will inform every one to put their orders through. This means that we should be set to ship the Protector by the end of this month.
Please keep an eye on this thread, as we have right now ONLY 300 chassis made for the Protector, the manufacturer is very busy making the other chassis for us so the first batch is going to be around that # only.
cheers.
Ray Samuels

Did you get confirmation the batteries shipped last week as scheduled?

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #385 of 902
Hi guys i was wondering if anyone has both the connector plug and jack?

163-191J-E Plug
163-156N-1-E Snap in Jack

I'm looking to sample them, but the shipping in small quantities is prohibitive. Does anyone have a pair of each connector they are willing to send to Aus, as shipping in small parcels will be much cheaper.

Thanks

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #387 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is the volume controlled with this unit?

with a volume knob. i'm assuming that turning clockwise will increase the volume and turning anti-clockwise will decrease the volume.

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #388 of 902
Oh, it's not the Vulcan mind meld?

Ray had to stay away from the digital controller for balanced purposes. It's back to a pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back