The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Feb 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #361 of 902
I didn't pull mine to look but now that you said that, I remember Alex making a comment about building an XLR cable for the K702 not really making it balance.
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #362 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have the K702, the cable is dettachable and you can just order a new cable. I know Whiplash Audio has the connector already but I am sure Ray would make the connector available to any other cable manufacturer. Another option would be get one of the connectors Ray showed recently to get the output converted to the standard 3 pin XLR. Maybe Ray will even add this to his LOD cable collection he has started to sell.

If so that would be incredible... but from looking at Moon Audio's K702 selection, they list the K702 with all sorts of aftermarket cables, but any balanced cables have to be hardwired in. I think it's because of what aj-kun mentioned.

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #363 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by BaboonGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If so that would be incredible... but from looking at Moon Audio's K702 selection, they list the K702 with all sorts of aftermarket cables, but any balanced cables have to be hardwired in. I think it's because of what aj-kun mentioned.

I pulled the cable on my K702 and low and behold, it was only a 3 pin XLR.

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #364 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pulled the cable on my K702 and low and behold, it was only a 3 pin XLR.

Thanks!

I've seen others on here say that it was four pin.

se

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #365 of 902
I wonder if it would be possible to replace the 3 pin XLR connector with a 4 pin on the K702? Does anybody know if there's a drop in replacement for that connector by chance?

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #366 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if it would be possible to replace the 3 pin XLR connector with a 4 pin on the K702? Does anybody know if there's a drop in replacement for that connector by chance?

That'd be nice. Though it's likely a custom molded piece.

se

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #369 of 902
No, you can just attach a new cable to the Sennheisers.

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #371 of 902
Or you can easily reterminate to the plug used on the Protector if that will be your balanced amp as the Protector powers the HD650's with ease and really, really brings them to life. And in single ended the Protector gets up and moves those sound waves in a very fine way.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #374 of 902
I understand that Whiplash will offer cable with the connector for the Protector.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #375 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand that Whiplash will offer cable with the connector for the Protector.

They're the only to have announced a cable thus far to my knowledge. Would be interested to see if anyone else can at a lower a price point with different cable/same connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back