The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 9, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #12,066 of 17,484
Oh, uh, sorry about the riled up Paul Reed Smith bassist. Just relating the oddity of conflicting statements and statistics. I would gladly respond to a detailed description of 'clean'. As for the idea of 'purist' engineering': The purpose there is capture and preservation of musical performance in it's 'pure' state. It's generally done with very high quality microphones and mixed without excessive processing. (specifically compression and limiting, as I have blathered on about before).
Of course some ambient effects are almost always used, such as reverb, which impart an impression of a physical environment.
That is, a listening room or hall of some kind. If the tracks were kept 'dry' then the soundstage would be real weird, especially in headphones whence the instruments would seem to be packed inside one's head. Well, for me it seems that way anyhow but at least the inside of my head seems more hollow instead of solid.
For those interested in some Hi-Def jazz fun here is a link to a modern composition, for a limited time only:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a8fr0n1nyyrh8yf/Reconciliation.flac

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #12,067 of 17,484
Does anyone experience this problem while accessing the memory card? "Playback failed, Music not found". Everything was fine and dandy after upgrading to v3 firmware and now old v2.1 returns again?!? All my files on my 64Gb card are MP3s so I don't see why this is happening. X3 has started glitching while playing files and freezes frequently. I've tried reinstalling the v3 firmware and no go. I've also tried deleting "usrlocal_media" file and reupdating the music database and no go too....Can someone help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #12,070 of 17,484
My guess is that the contacts of the uSD card / socket might be dirty or the card itself might be going bad...

I'd clean the contacts first, then put it in a card reader, copy all your music off if it. Reformat it in the X3, back to the card reader and put your music back on it.

See if that solves the issue, using it in a card reader will show up and problems with the card, error writing or reading etc...

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #12,072 of 17,484
My guess is that the contacts of the uSD card / socket might be dirty or the card itself might be going bad...

I'd clean the contacts first, then put it in a card reader, copy all your music off if it. Reformat it in the X3, back to the card reader and put your music back on it.

See if that solves the issue, using it in a card reader will show up and problems with the card, error writing or reading etc...

Thanks for the info TrollDragon, I'll have a go at this and see it'll solve the problem.....30+Gb of files will definitely take some time. I love the X3 when it works but this is definitely the last straw for me before I give up on the X3.

@Francisk  Thur ish uhm seecrut vend vendit, er venditer 'genst loshibl aud  audio  you mush cunvers yer sons , songs to 24/96 sumthin

Uh oh....the pills working on you....:D

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #12,075 of 17,484

Users who are viewing this thread

Back