The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jan 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #3,182 of 3,613
Nevermind. I can't say it...lol

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #3,184 of 3,613
feiao:  

Does Fiio care if people want to hack these devices?  Can you comment on if the firmware will be encrypted or have other countermeasures to prevent modification? 

IMO as long as the device can't be bricked too easily, letting people mod it might be a lot of fun and generate more interest in the product.  

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #3,185 of 3,613
^
omg! are you saratoga of Rockbox? please say you're interested on doing rockbox for the X3
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #3,186 of 3,613
oh Rockbox would be most welcome to ANY player if it were up to me...and I'm waiting for impressions from CES, too. I'm absolutely jonesing to hear about it in action...hook a brother up!

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #3,188 of 3,613
Quote:
^
omg! are you saratoga of Rockbox? please say you're interested on doing rockbox for the X3
biggrin.gif

Yes, That IS the same saratoga. And "Yes", he is interested in creating a little something for the X3. I'm quite pleased he's here officially now is all,... 

Welcome aboard saratoga!!! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #3,189 of 3,613
Quote:
Yes, That IS the same saratoga. And "Yes", he is interested in creating a little something for the X3. I'm quite pleased he's here officially now is all,... 

Welcome aboard saratoga!!! 
beerchug.gif

Thanks, but I'm not too interested in working on a port at the moment (I mostly do easier stuff like codecs anyway), but if the player is based on the processor I think it is, then it might be straightforward enough that someone else is interested in doing it. Assuming its not locked down or heavily encrypted.  Mostly I'm just curious, its pretty rare that people working on portable audio players even take the time to talk to the community, so its great to hear from Fiio.  

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #3,190 of 3,613
Quote:

Thanks, but I'm not too interested in working on a port at the moment (I mostly do easier stuff like codecs anyway), but if the player is based on the processor I think it is, then it might be straightforward enough that someone else is interested in doing it. Assuming its not locked down or heavily encrypted.  Mostly I'm just curious, its pretty rare that people working on portable audio players even take the time to talk to the community, so its great to hear from Fiio.  

Still, your input is greatly appreciated nonetheless. The DarkSide from ABi is glad to see you here!!! 
L3000.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #3,191 of 3,613
Quote:

Even better was when they put an online poll up to let customers and fans choose what type of battery (and thus due to that, performance and parts used) the E12 will use.

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #3,192 of 3,613
I think it's great the FiiO has gone made it a point to get input from the community. So far their products have proven to be quite adept at the price point they are offered at. I think this player is definitely one of the most anticipated releases in a long time. Kudo's to FiiO for taking everyone's opinions into account.

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #3,193 of 3,613
Their approach is rare among manufacturers yet at the same time it is almost ingenious and will benefit both the consumer and their pocket books :wink:. Kudos to you Fiio.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #3,195 of 3,613
Quote:
feiao:  

Does Fiio care if people want to hack these devices?  Can you comment on if the firmware will be encrypted or have other countermeasures to prevent modification? 

IMO as long as the device can't be bricked too easily, letting people mod it might be a lot of fun and generate more interest in the product.  

any hack is welcome but I am not sure whether someone can do that, because the firmware developer put the secret code in a an-ti forgery chip to protect the firmware. so 

I think it will far more difficult to hack the firmware.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back