The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Nov 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #2,866 of 3,613
If this is brushed aluminum, small form factor, and a nice UI, I will be very fiscally irresponsible.

Will this be E17-sized? How does it compare to the E17 in terms of DAC and amp?

Edit to add a couple notes. I appreciate aesthetics as much as anyone, but I would test the button layout for a little while before putting it to market. By and large we are conditioned "left = previous, right = next". The groove in which the previous/next buttons sit may help, or it may be useless; like I said, I would test this for a little while first. The same applies to volume up/down. It would be very nice to have a small, high-quality DAP that we can control without seeing it (without taking it from our pockets, for example).

the button layout was discussed here last year before the halt of the project, just grab a phone or something similar, recreate that diagonal movement with your thumb and see and feel how much more natural it is than the typical cross layout.

besides, I'm certain that it will only take you or anyone else a couple minutes of use to memorize it and use it without watching.

Quote:

it is brushed aluminum, small form factor DAP which support up to 192k/24bit, and line out, coaxial out, support TF card, WM8740 DAC, a decent amp, and support AAC(m4a) . not to talk FLAC, APE. and ALAC ? maybe but not promise. 

and it is cheaper than other hifi audio players.

it's been a long time and still I want this so badly, more like I need it to be honest. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #2,868 of 3,613
Quote:
sorry, I just wanto listen some advice of the silk screen. and this time hope we will not make all you guys disappoint again.

Quote:
sorry, I just want to listen some advice of the silk screen. and this time hope we will not make all you guys disappoint again.

Please forgive me but what do you mean by silk screen? That has to do with screen resolution? Or the UI run smooth as silk? Can we replace battery? Regarda, Levi

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #2,869 of 3,613
silk screen is what we print on the front pannel so the user can understand what the function of the bottom. I just want to see if the design is clear enough.

the battery can't be replaced by user.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #2,872 of 3,613
Quote:
silk screen is what we print on the front pannel so the user can understand what the function of the bottom. I just want to see if the design is clear enough.

Looks great! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2,874 of 3,613

First off, it's looking fantastic. Keep up the excellent work.

Second, the battery can be replaced by >this< user. :wink:

I can't WAIT until it's April release,...

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #2,876 of 3,613
Quote:

No need to worry about ALAC.  Let the apply fanboys suck at the proprietary teet and wallow in their terrible decision to support that company.

tongue.gif

Wild guess, long day of excessive drinking while playing with ROM's on your SIII? Enjoy the bottom video
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #2,878 of 3,613
Quote:
Not having a lossless format and external storage would be a deal breaker for many. I personally use LAME MP3 -v0 for music on the go but many dont and are already putting a 64GB micro SD card on their wishlist for the X3

The X3 will have lossless (and an SD card slot), it's just not clear yet whether it'll have ALAC. And I can see how transcoding a huge ALAC collection for those who have one can be a bit of a hassle but regardless, FLAC is a better lossless format for DAPs because it's very easy on the battery.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #2,879 of 3,613
A small notion.....Please show me any picture of Steve Jobs listing to the ipod in his daily life!!!!!

Steve liked everything about the Ipod except its [COLOR=FF00AA]sound[/COLOR]

Prove me wrong.

He only listened to LP, and was developing a HD music store and a player with Neil Young.....PONO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back