The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Oct 31, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #2,777 of 3,613
A few days ago I asked about any digital player that wasn't a mobile/ipad etc.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633910/a-portable-player-that-can-output-digital-from-wav-files-but-is-not-a-phone

Is the upcoming Fiio X3 DAP a great solution for me?

Thanks
Frank

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #2,778 of 3,613
I would say yes 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
A few days ago I asked about any digital player that wasn't a mobile/ipad etc.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633910/a-portable-player-that-can-output-digital-from-wav-files-but-is-not-a-phone

Is the upcoming Fiio X3 DAP a great solution for me?

Thanks
Frank

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #2,779 of 3,613
Nov 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #2,780 of 3,613
stozzer123 , then why m4nation guys had always stock issue with S:Flo2 ? If it was in stock, in two weeks or so it was sold completely, gone for another several month, and so on. I know hundereds of head-fi-ers and other guys all over the world who were craving for a Teclast T51/SFlo2 DAP and haven't taken in consideration any other Teclast product at all. 

By the way, glad more and more companies work close with Head-Fi-ers, taking our advice in consideration.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #2,781 of 3,613
i have no knowledge of the inner workings of mp4nation,  what i do know is that someone reported a while back (I think clieos) that the actual numbers done by those players was incredibly small.  If you actually think about it not that many people did have them.  I happened to have both at one point t51 and s:flo2 .

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #2,782 of 3,613
Quote:
if you can wait till April next year for it yes =)
Pekingduck:  I would say yes 
biggrin.gif

Thanks. That is encouraging!
Sounds like an upcoming Fiio X3 DAP + Fiio E18 DAC/Amp would be a convenient high quality portable music solution.
I expect these units will be competitively priced and have a high SQ/price ratio. I will take advantage when the products are available.

All credit to Fiio for continuing the charge forward!

Frank

Nov 2, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #2,783 of 3,613
Haven't really dig into every post in this thread, so not sure if this is already talked before.

I just noticed that on the 1st page, about the hardware spec outline, it said the CPU is a dual core 600Mhz, "designed for table and other devices". Usually CPU designed for table (I assume by "table" they mean "desktop") use will produce more heat and consume more power than portable device CPUs. I hope Fiio will fine tune their design so that the X3 will remain cool and consume less power while it is running. 

Highly appreciate their feedback on their (future) customers' concerns/comments 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #2,785 of 3,613
Quote:
Quote:
if you can wait till April next year for it yes =)
Pekingduck:  I would say yes 
biggrin.gif

Thanks. That is encouraging!
Sounds like an upcoming Fiio X3 DAP + Fiio E18 DAC/Amp would be a convenient high quality portable music solution.
I expect these units will be competitively priced and have a high SQ/price ratio. I will take advantage when the products are available.

All credit to Fiio for continuing the charge forward!

Frank

Or X3 + iBasso DB2 + PB2 = fully-balanced rig for less than the price of the DX100!

I'm convinced that one of the reasons why the balanced iBasso components never really caught on was the lack of suitable DAPs with digital output. Not everyone wants to run their gear off a laptop when on the move, and the global supply of old iRivers is drying up......

Just a thought.....

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #2,786 of 3,613
Quote:
Perhaps he means "tablet"? 600Mhz is not awfully fast for desktop computers these days.

It would even be slow by the standards of smartphones or tablets, much less desktops. But I would think for an audio-only device it would be perfectly sufficient.

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #2,788 of 3,613
Quote:
Haven't really dig into every post in this thread, so not sure if this is already talked before.

I just noticed that on the 1st page, about the hardware spec outline, it said the CPU is a dual core 600Mhz, "designed for table and other devices". Usually CPU designed for table (I assume by "table" they mean "desktop") use will produce more heat and consume more power than portable device CPUs. I hope Fiio will fine tune their design so that the X3 will remain cool and consume less power while it is running. 

Highly appreciate their feedback on their (future) customers' concerns/comments 
bigsmile_face.gif

The Motorolla (Mobile division now owned by Google) Razer uses a 1.2GHz Dual Core with the motherboard and heatsink being mm if not micro meters thick. 

It shouldn't be too much of a problem if they use proper heat disapation unlike most phone makers today. 

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #2,789 of 3,613
I agree,...I think this will work out quite nicely.

Except there would be some significant lag in menus and such, at least if it had an elaborate color LCD display like we've all come to expect.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #2,790 of 3,613
Except there would be some significant lag in menus and such, at least if it had an elaborate color LCD display like we've all come to expect.

I actually think your criticizing for nothing and making issues that truly don't exist. This isn't going to be an iPod touch, Zune, or Android device. Stop wasting posts complaining about something that isn't even out yet,...and having an "elaborate color LCD display" doesn't make a device lag. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back