The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Sep 30, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #2,131 of 3,613
I like using my FIIO products!  I am sure if you could have made the x3 happen you would have done it.  I regret that things didn't fall in place for the product. I do appreciate the time, money, and effort you guys put into it.

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2,132 of 3,613
I think FIIO company is the one to be sorry the most having the project frozen, FiiO X3 might become the best-selling producet Fiio has ever made. It might bring the company both huge profits and credits all-over the world.

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #2,134 of 3,613
I hope you don't think this was Fiio's decision; you may want to read back a few pages. This product was done and I'm sure Fiio was just as excited as we were to get it out. It got locked in a legal issue since thier firmware developer screwed them over (ie, they didn't do the work they were supposed to)

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #2,135 of 3,613
The outputs question was also just answered a few pages ago.

The coax is a digital output that must go to an external dac, all the others are analog.

Line out is line level, headphone out is amplified and set up to go to headphones, I'm guessing phone out is short for headphone out.

Oct 1, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #2,136 of 3,613

And a couple of pages before that. And before that. in fact, I'm pretty sure that at least 20% of this thread has just been people asking what the coax out is for. And the other 80% has been people asking when it'll be released. :p

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #2,137 of 3,613
The coax is a digital output that must go to an external dac, all the others are analog.
Line out is line level, headphone out is amplified and set up to go to headphones, I'm guessing phone out is short for headphone out.

And a couple of pages before that. And before that. in fact, I'm pretty sure that at least 20% of this thread has just been people asking what the coax out is for. And the other 80% has been people asking when it'll be released. :p

I see. I apologize for the redundant question, I should have used the "search this thread" button. And ooh [head]Phone out seems logical...why didn't I think of that?

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #2,138 of 3,613
I've found the basic information data sheet of the SoC that was used for the prototype which can be seen on the photos of the first post.
See here:
http://www.optek.com.cn/eWebEditor/UploadFile/OTK525x%20Datasheet.pdf

Edit:
If the link above does not work you can try this, a copy on my server:

OTK525x%20Datasheet.pdf

This document is only interesting for electronic technicians, it contains just some technical information. To me it revealed that this SoC (System on a Chip) does the audio decoding by hardware.

"The OTK525x is a Multimedia SoC based on 32-bit RISC core with Audio Accelerator, designed
for applications such as home audio, car audio, photo album, karaoke system, wireless audio, etc."

And this has to be the company's webpage. Interesting are the products they made like good old discmans  :wink:

http://www.optek.com.cn/index_en.asp

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #2,145 of 3,613

Quote:
hello,
please, make android device to see your portable DAC as sound card..
I love my E7
would be marvelous if FiiO DAC was by usb seen as default sound output ..

regards

Are you talking about hooking it up to your pc? If so the E7 should work fine when hooked to your computer. You may have to set it as your default sound DAC though to get audio through it. I had that issue on my last pc and had to enable it manually for it to work but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back