The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Jan 19, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #481 of 3,613
I hope we can have a smarter auto playlist generator for the x3.

Here's my idea:

1. Combine Genres.  - I don't know of any DAP that can combine genres to make a playlist.  Sometimes I want to listen to rock and folk.  With my ipod, it's either rock or folk.  Maybe 5 genre combinations is enough.

2. Tempo Selector -  something like:  Slow 3 - Slow 2 - Slow 1 - Medium Speed - Fast 1 - Fast 2 - Fast 3.  Or maybe a speed scale from 1 to 10.

you can select your preferred tempo.  you should also be able to select all songs that are slower or faster than your selected speed setting (example:  everything slower than medium speed or everything faster than fast 2).  lastly, you should be able to select songs in between tempos.  (example: songs in between medium speed and fast 2)

The genre and tempo selector should be able to work in harmony.  Sometimes I want to listen to fast r&b songs only or slow rock songs.

I know this is not an audiophile feature but it's a fun feature and it will give this player a unique character.  I guess this is just a software feature and is not really hard to implement

Any more Ideas?  I was thinking about parameters such as vocal tracks, heavy bass songs, etc. but i'm not sure how it can be implemented.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #482 of 3,613
add year selection too.

80's, 90's, everything older than 1985, everything newer than 1998, everything in between 2002-2006.

again, should be in harmony with tempo and genre selection (rock, fast, in between 1992-1997). 

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #483 of 3,613
I've never really understood the draw of tempo selection. Why would I want to listen to my *awesome* music through some DSP that will warp the sound to oblivion? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Although Ievan Polka at very fast tempo would be amusing.

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #485 of 3,613
he doesnt mean changing the tempo of the song.  he is referrin to each song having a tempo rating and being able to play all songs that share a tempo rating.  Like maybe Celine Dion, Frank Sinatra and Whitney Houston have a tempo of 1 and Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, and The Ramones are at a 4.

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #486 of 3,613
I pray that one day there will be a DAP that copies columns UI from foobar and uses it in their music browser.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #488 of 3,613

Quote:

I just come to think of something. Nokia also got a X3 so Fiio possibly have to change the name on this. or dosnt they need to do that?
They also have a X6 btw.

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #489 of 3,613

Quote:
he doesnt mean changing the tempo of the song.  he is referrin to each song having a tempo rating and being able to play all songs that share a tempo rating.  Like maybe Celine Dion, Frank Sinatra and Whitney Houston have a tempo of 1 and Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, and The Ramones are at a 4.

X2

exactly what I understood. It would be a very nice feature...

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #490 of 3,613
Yes, i know, but thats a car and is very different from a dap, the Nokia contains a music player and is not that different from Fiio`s X3 isent that something you can actually be sued for? 

Quote:
Quote:

I just come to think of something. Nokia also got a X3 so Fiio possibly have to change the name on this. or dosnt they need to do that?
They also have a X6 btw.

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #491 of 3,613

Quote:
Quote:

X2

right.  and it doesn't have to be done with tempo analyzers.  it could be user assigned through tags so that it's there for those who want it and it won't bother those who don't care about the feature.

besides, it seems to be a simple software fix.  it just needs to group songs according to x, y and z parameters.

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #493 of 3,613
you can usually tag one song with multiple genres.  So one genre could be "R&B", then the next could be "fast R&B" and a third could just be "fast".  no idea if the player would accept that or not.  I do it with my movies on my home PC.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

X2

right.  and it doesn't have to be done with tempo analyzers.  it could be user assigned through tags so that it's there for those who want it and it won't bother those who don't care about the feature.

besides, it seems to be a simple software fix.  it just needs to group songs according to x, y and z parameters.

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #495 of 3,613
Quote:
APE is necessary and this is why FiiO will be loved to death by me.

Quote:
Not-really-necessary stuff like 24/196 and APE, but no OGG? Seriously? And it all sounded so good :|

Unless the processor just can't swing it for some reason I can't see a very good reason not to include as many free codecs as possible.  That shouldn't really be an issue today though.  My Rio Karma did vorbis and flac like 7 years ago. (As I've no doubt mentioned before...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back