The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Dec 26, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #287 of 3,613
Top picture. Left side. Says 'Coaxial' on it. Hard to spot, I know.
tongue.gif

Perhaps you were expecting an RCA socket rather than a TRS socket?

Dec 26, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #288 of 3,613
if the headphone and coaxial out jacks are on the top picture, what is the jack on the botton right picture for? (the one at the right of the dock port)

and is the usb port there just for firmware updates or does it have other functions?(because the player doesn't have internal memory, unless it's there to be used as an usb interface for the TF card)

Dec 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #289 of 3,613
Quote:
Holy cow.  I just raised a concern about blind operation and was done discussing it after my next post about getting housebroken using the diagonal tracks.  More than 20 posts later geez.  Talk about a mountain out of a molehill.  Forget I mentioned it.

No no, I think it's good for us to discuss it, especially considering how much stock Fiio puts into it's customer's opinions. Not saying that if we don't like the buttons we won't buy it, but why not discuss it?

Quote:
if the headphone and coaxial out jacks are on the top picture, what is the jack on the botton right picture for? (the one at the right of the dock port)

and is the usb port there just for firmware updates or does it have other functions?(because the player doesn't have internal memory, unless it's there to be used as an usb interface for the TF card)

My guess is the other jack would be a line out. Good question about the purpose of the usb jack, though, if it doesn't have any internal memory of it's own. My guess would be for firmware updates... I think they seemed to suggest they would be open to updating the firmware with more features over time. I think they said that would look into potentially adding BBE into a firmware update (unless I'm not remembering it right).

Dec 26, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #290 of 3,613
it doesnt have internal memory? did i miss something?

^its very possible i did!

also - i like the diagnol layout, its more ergonomic that way, despite what people are complaining about.

also "blind operation" there are grooves you can follow with your thumb from one to the next, so it seems easy to identify by touch where you are on the front panel.

Dec 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #291 of 3,613
I was fine with the original, BUT If they're changing the lay-out, I'd be perfectly happy with this. Thanks Joe  :)

Quote:

Oh, thought it was lineout on top and coax on the bottom since that was closer to where the memory - SDslot - is. I really need to keep my glasses on. But overall the PCB layout seems functional. There won't be too many components on the way to the digital port, and it'll be easy to connect to most portable amps that have the in-out ports on the same side as the volume knob, which means you can set them down stacked on a table with the player oriented porperly and volume knob facing the listener.

Quote:
Top picture. Left side. Says 'Coaxial' on it. Hard to spot, I know.
tongue.gif

Overall I think it's still a well-thought out design, and the gain switch is a nice feature too, as long as the low-gain setting is fully optimized for IEMs.

Dec 26, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #292 of 3,613
There is no internal memory.

Quote:

also - i like the diagnol layout, its more ergonomic that way, despite what people are complaining about.

also "blind operation" there are grooves you can follow with your thumb from one to the next, so it seems easy to identify by touch where you are on the front panel.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #294 of 3,613
ah so its just the card. not bad, as long as the price in the end adjusts to allow reasonable purchase of a card. hopefully its the bigger size because you can get 64 for the price of a micro 32

Quote:
There is no internal memory.

Quote:

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #297 of 3,613
USB = charging. Also firmware, and probably allows interfacing with the microSD as well.

Actually, screw it. I'm pulling out Photoshop again...

Hope that answers people's questions. I'm not entirely certain about firmware updates over USB, but I'm pretty sure about the rest of it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back