The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Dec 21, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #151 of 3,613
I mostly do just listen to albums, but for when I felt like shuffling - all the music on my player would still be in just one format - so no need to turn normal playback off.

I've no issue with the switch, just saying I would have no need for it personally.

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #153 of 3,613
gs1000.gif

Quote:
OK! just some updating!

1, We will put the gapless in our X3, and there may have a switcher option in the setup menu!

2, The X3 will not come with a earphone or headphone, you may need to buy one for yourself!

3, Of curse, I guess, there will have lots of comebo, like X3+E9, X3+E11, X3+ E??(LOL, seems we need to develop a DAC AMP with coaxial in ), and X3+TF

Now the only question is...will I have the funds by March!

Quote:
We already finished the outlook design and start design the PCB! and will try to release it before March!

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #154 of 3,613

Another reason gapless capability is important, and joining albums into one long track is not an option (*cough*hifiman*cough*).....because some of us like to shuffle our tracks from time to time. But if I want to listen to The Wall or Dark Side Of The Moon, then it had best be gapless. I'm very intrigued by this upcoming FiiO DAP.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #155 of 3,613
This DAP really looks interesting thus far. Can't wait to see more, besides the E5 (which is fine for what it is, just not my cup of tea) I've not been disappointed by a FiiO product yet.

And gapless is a must have for me, so I'm glad it will be included.

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #157 of 3,613
Fiio is such an excellent consumer oriented company, I can't help but wanna be loyal to the brand by buying mostly their products...

The X3 is shaping up to be quite a DAP indeed. March? OMG, my wallet is hurting!

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #159 of 3,613
Quote:
OK! just some updating!

1, We will put the gapless in our X3, and there may have a switcher option in the setup menu!

2, The X3 will not come with a earphone or headphone, you may need to buy one for yourself!

3, Of curse, I guess, there will have lots of comebo, like X3+E9, X3+E11, X3+ E??(LOL, seems we need to develop a DAC AMP with coaxial in ), and X3+TF

Good news there! Just wondering if you guys have decided on (or are leaning towards) anything regarding internal storage?

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #160 of 3,613
Nice features.  I would also be a big fan of NOT offering earbuds or IEM's and put that money into the DAC or upgraded feature sets. 

I like the gapless addition.  What other players on the market right now offer gapless other than Apple?

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #162 of 3,613
I like that Fiio as a company is one of the better companies to listen to us as consumers and tries to implement what we want. I look forward to when this dap comes out sometime in 2011 and hopefully it is another bang for your buck. If it has decent UI, a memory slot and sounds good it may be something to consider then but I'll have to see what my dap situation is by then.

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #163 of 3,613

Quote:
OK! just some updating!

James you have answered my wishes
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #165 of 3,613
I talked to James about the storage option a bit. The current hardware can support HD and solid state memory. However, implementing HD will be tricky (mainly on power and interface) and expensive (1.8inch HD isn't cheap when you only buy in small quantity), so the idea is off the table. This leaves to only a sold state solution, which can either be internal or external, and FiiO decided TF makes more sense than an internal memory because it is user removable and upgradeable. Unfortunately there is no way to implement both as there is only one I/O interface for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back