The FiiO X3 Thread UPDATE: Project Back On! Read the First Post for Information.
Feb 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #3,496 of 3,613
Quote:

There were photos on Dec 24th and Dec 29th for the silicon case that Fiio was talking about shipping or selling.

That would be nice to see in the first post and may be the photo of the proto with out case on Nov 6

I figured it wasn't a final case because it wasn't very final-looking but I can look for the November 6 one.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #3,497 of 3,613
Quote:
Power Draw...

Power Draw and the cost, it may not suitable to tell you guys the cost for one ES9018 but it does cost a lots of money . but the retail price will change to about $400 if we choose ES9018.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 12, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #3,498 of 3,613
Quote:
FiiO states it's not going to be an audiophile dap, but I'll bet we'll all be pleasantly surprised. Especially at the price point it's being released at. I think they just don't want us to expect the moon & stars,...I like how they work.

not a good idea to classify people as audiophile or not audiophile, the same as Hi-Fi, Hi-End, we make products for people who love music. the device is not the point, the point is whether you have a heart that can really enjoy what the 

music can bring to you , and FiiO will help you to get it better.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #3,499 of 3,613
Quote:

not a good idea to classify people as audiophile or not audiophile, the same as Hi-Fi, Hi-End, we make products for people who love music. the device is not the point, the point is whether you have a heart that can really enjoy what the 

music can bring to you , and FiiO will help you to get it better.

This is one good way to see it.

Please go on with the idea to put in some PCM1794 in your next device.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #3,500 of 3,613
Power Draw...

Power Draw and the cost, it may not suitable to tell you guys the cost for one ES9018 but it does cost a lots of money . but the retail price will change to about $400 if we choose ES9018.

I wouldn't buy a $400 amp. It's like V-MODA's VAMP, it may sell, it may be good. But it's very expensive compared to the Fiio e17.

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #3,502 of 3,613
Quote:

Power Draw and the cost, it may not suitable to tell you guys the cost for one ES9018 but it does cost a lots of money . but the retail price will change to about if we choose ES9018.

This can be fixed with a bigger battery, and a bigger wallet (and I know many here @ Headfi will have no problem paying that much).
Please consider this version as the X6, and it will sell .

Comparing the price of the DX100 and the Fiio X6,and having the same dac  and coming from a great company like Fiio, everyone will skip the Dx for the X6 if done right.

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #3,503 of 3,613
Quote:
I wouldn't buy a $400 amp. It's like V-MODA's VAMP, it may sell, it may be good. But it's very expensive compared to the Fiio e17.

I guess the biggest challenge for Fiio is to design a DAP that costs around $250 but has the similar SQ like top end DAPs such as iRiver AK100, Ibasso DX100 or even Altmann Terra.

If Fiio can do it, for sure this will be a major breakthrough!
At the same time those top end DAP makers have to reduce the price (you have been paying for the premium) and to further improve the players' SQ.
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #3,504 of 3,613
How do you know that you have been paying for premium ? Fiio have said that the cost with a top end dac will increase up to 400 dollar, last i check ibasso went with that particular dac, with the battery needed to power that dac and an arguably powerful amp that drives demanding headphone by itself, whats with people this day that want everything to be crammed in one device and for it to cost as cheaply as possible ? Its like expecting someone will make some toyota prius that have the same engine power as say a top of the line ferari

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #3,505 of 3,613

just my opinion, but I think you should use the ES9018, as much as I hate those ridiculous prices for daps and besides the ones I own cost less than $50 and I'm expecting the X3 to cost less than $200, I think some people won't mind paying around $400 for a uplayer with a well implemented ES9018 chip hardware wise and software wise!

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #3,506 of 3,613
I think everyone should stop with these suggestions for what parts FiiO should be using, and wait and see how the X3 performs. We don't need another ludicrously priced player....we need something that competes with the iPods of the world, since they own the mainstream market (what's left of it given the preponderance of smartphone-only users). I suspect the X3 will turn out to be a great performer.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #3,507 of 3,613
I think JamesFiiO has been pretty clear that the hardware is doneMaybe there will be an x5 that will be full of better(also more expensive) parts that will more likely compete with higher priced DAP's.

What I am expecting is as good hopefully better then a I pood clip + with all of the outputs that make attached a amp, or DAC of my choosing easy.  Good memory and batter life as well as a good price.  I Fiio cam out and said we are making a $400-$500 DAP how many would they sell I know I wouldn't be int rested. Fiio is the gateway drug of portable audio. good performance and a competitive /low price.

You can want them to be something else if you like.

R-

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #3,508 of 3,613
Quote:
I think everyone should stop with these suggestions for what parts FiiO should be using, and wait and see how the X3 performs. We don't need another ludicrously priced player....we need something that competes with the iPods of the world, since they own the mainstream market (what's left of it given the preponderance of smartphone-only users). I suspect the X3 will turn out to be a great performer.

I guess we don't need another DAP to compete with main stream player like iPOD because there are too many out there. 
In other hand, we need a DAP that has the top end DAP's SQ (iRiver AK100, Ibasso DX100 or even Altmann Terra) but
at affordable price with the price range like$200~ $250 so that everyone can enjoy the studio recording sound.
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #3,509 of 3,613
Quote:
I guess we don't need another DAP to compete with main stream player like iPOD because there are too many out there. 
In other hand, we need a DAP that has the top end DAP's SQ (iRiver AK100, Ibasso DX100 or even Altmann Terra) but
at affordable price with the price range like$200~ $250 so that everyone can enjoy the studio recording sound.
biggrin.gif

Too many? Like what? The market is dying....Cowon keeps pushing out units with parts from 2007, Samsung's players are  two-generations-old cell phones without the cell radios, Sony is dying, market-share-wise, even  though the few people that do have Walkman players still love them, and Sansa has the budget market cornered(and they're overdue to come out with something).

What else is there in the mainstream? Creative and iRiver are DOA, except for the AK100, which is in the high priced segment.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,510 of 3,613
Quote:
Too many? Like what? The market is dying....Cowon keeps pushing out units with parts from 2007, Samsung's players are  two-generations-old cell phones without the cell radios, Sony is dying, market-share-wise, even  though the few people that do have Walkman players still love them, and Sansa has the budget market cornered(and they're overdue to come out with something).

What else is there in the mainstream? Creative and iRiver are DOA, except for the AK100, which is in the high priced segment.

There are many main stream DAPs such as Sansa, Cowon, iRiver, Sony, Phillips, Creative, Samsung....etc and almost all the flagship smartphones (HTC, Sony, Nokia, LG, Asus,...too many to mention) that have quite a similar SQ like iPod but they are still no good enough to be an audiophile player.

Like you mentioned above that the iRiver AK100 is a high price product and I guess not everyone can afford to buy.
Thus, we need something better than the main stream players and at the same time something closer to the top end DAPs' SQ but at affordable price.
This is the message I want to convey to Fiio. May be it is to late for X3 but may be they can consider my suggestion for their future product like X5, X7.. etc.

Sorry no offence. Just treat this as the exchange of opinion.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back