The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 12, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #9,752 of 9,972
  When the new X3 comes out, perhaps FiiO can do another slogan contest like the one they did sometime back, remember that?

That might be a good idea! 

I'm all in for giving FiiO a little helping hand with finding a better slogan if they want one! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #9,755 of 9,972
I am a bass head to listen to Pop Rock and Techno. What is the best option for me to choose from
Yamaha PRO 500,  Audio Technica ATH-M50x or BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm?
If anybody uses one of those with X3-II please share your opinion about the combination.

Apr 16, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #9,756 of 9,972
  I am a bass head to listen to Pop Rock and Techno. What is the best option for me to choose from
If anybody uses one of those with X3-II please share your opinion about the combination.

I don't have the Pro 500 or DT700/80 so can't comment on them.
M50x / MDR-7506 are decent but if you want bass then V-moda M-100 or MDR-1A (dynamat mod) even better
For rock SR-225e (vent mod, dynamat, Earzonk G pad) better than the others above

Apr 16, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #9,757 of 9,972

Meze 99 Classics is way above ATH MXX series in all departments, including bass. In fact, the only department where ATH series is a serious let down is the soundstage where they are almost mono, being some of the most congested sounding headphones in the world. Some people enjoy them either way, but it gives the mids a pretty weird tonality and I cannot recommend them. I like Audio Tehnica headphones in general and the sound of other models is really good, but ther ATH series not so much. Bass wise, they are not incredible by any means. Meze 99C has a much more detailed and well textured bass than ATH series overall. Meze also has better comfort - considerably so with my head. 

I would recommend testing anything you buy as all of the models in the discussion have really diferent signatures and you would want to get the one that is best for you.

I have not heard either Beyer nor Pro500. X3-2 should be able to drive all of them very well, so don't worry about combination problems. I think that 99C + X3-2 is a pretty sweet deal although I'm not sure whether they are in your price range or not. I'm using them and they manage to compliment ie800, so there is that as well! 

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #9,758 of 9,972
Ok so I have the X3 II, and I really like it alot.  Is there enough difference between it and the X5 II other than 2 slots to justify getting one.   The X5 III while interesting is not for me as of yet, I still like a tactile feel.  I also have an Xduoo X10, it has 2 slots, and great sound, but has minor issues like cutting off a bit of the beginning of songs, unless I use a cue sheet and a slight tick when it changes song (every one who has one has these issues, not unique to mine), agin cured by cue sheets.

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #9,759 of 9,972
  Ok so I have the X3 II, and I really like it alot.  Is there enough difference between it and the X5 II other than 2 slots to justify getting one.   The X5 III while interesting is not for me as of yet, I still like a tactile feel.  I also have an Xduoo X10, it has 2 slots, and great sound, but has minor issues like cutting off a bit of the beginning of songs, unless I use a cue sheet and a slight tick when it changes song (every one who has one has these issues, not unique to mine), agin cured by cue sheets.

X5ii has a questionably different sound from X3ii, and a slightly better driving power. 

I preferred X5ii when I tested both, but X3ii is still one of the best DAPs you can buy 
gs1000.gif

For the record, I still own and still love my x5ii and consider it a great DAP! 

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #9,760 of 9,972
Thanks

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #9,761 of 9,972
Hi there,
I have two offers of slightly used Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, 80 Ohms and beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium, 32 Ohms (at a cheaper rate than  DT 770 80 ohm). Shall I buy DT 880 for Х3-II? I am a basshead and listen to pop rock.

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #9,763 of 9,972
I need to go from the x3 into a mojo. What cable would I use?

Dear Rdwng1975,

You may use our L21(http://www.fiio.net/en/products/50)+the coaxial cable comes with the X3II for help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 24, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #9,765 of 9,972
Yamaha PRO 500,  
Audio Technica ATH-M50x or BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm?

A really great combination for someone into bass is to get a Fiio A5 portable amplifier and the Sennheiser HD 650. That will do you better than any of the fans you've mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back