The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Mar 25, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #9,721 of 9,972
I'm not familiar with those programs, but seeing their prices I think it is possible to request features?
For FLAC it is quite easy to implement a sync-feature like I created with fiiosync, you can use a tool called metaflac which incoporates replaygain and metadata all in one.
If those programs support custom commandline or scripting features it is even possible to do such a thing yourself.

Incase anyone likes to try this, I did include this myself in fiisync but discovered later that itunes doesn't support FLAC, but these are the commandline commands (with some meta-code which need to be replaced by the software if that is possible) I created:
Code:
 metaflac --preserve-modtime --add-replay-gain metaflac --preserve-modtime --remove-tag ARTIST --set-tag ARTIST=%artist --remove-tag ALBUM --set-tag ALBUM=%album --remove-tag TITLE --set-tag TITLE=%title --remove-tag GENRE --set-tag GENRE=%genre --remove-tag TRACKNUMBER --set-tag TRACKNUMBER=%track

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #9,723 of 9,972
Just ordered mine to stack with my Mojo. Now to source right angle connectors for the Coax out.

I've got my funky FiiO TRRS coaxial out cable to the Mojo from Dyson Audio and I have no complaints. Probably the lowest price you'll find.

Looks like you may be making a custom cable if you're just looking for connectors though.

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #9,724 of 9,972
Mar 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #9,725 of 9,972
Fiio,
Sorry, it was you who 1st suggested about the long press center button. Thanks for that.

X3ii vs lg v10.

The most difficult decision i made recently is buying a dedicated DAP to replace my lg v10. If you've been in the lg v10 thread you will learn how good it is with all the raves over there. It truly is a great sounding smartphone, better than iphone. Well, after considering xduoo x3, x10 and other more expensive ones, i took the plunge and got this x3ii. I didn't notice immediately how good it is compared to my v10. however after more time ab'ing the two first thing i noticed was the output from the headphone out v10's max is just 100/120 of the x3ii. Then the more natural, cleaner and balanced sound of the x3ii versus the v10 is warmer, with less detailed. Happy i didn't make the wrong choice.

same thing happened to me, except i had fiio x3ii first and bought LG V10 as an upgrade. V10 sounds really good but after comparing them with X3ii i noticed the X3ii sounds more musical and more engaging..i replaced my V10 with Nexus 6P and happily enjoying music with X3ii now.

i just recently bought lotoo paw 5000, waiting for them to arrive..will compare them with X3ii.

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #9,726 of 9,972
Just ordered mine to stack with my Mojo. Now to source right angle connectors for the Coax out.

Hi,

I ordered one from eBay UK. It's from Hong Kong, so not sure if it's available to you, but cost and postage were low, and delivery very fast. It looks great quality.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182278994549?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #9,728 of 9,972

same thing happened to me, except i had fiio x3ii first and bought LG V10 as an upgrade. V10 sounds really good but after comparing them with X3ii i noticed the X3ii sounds more musical and more engaging..i replaced my V10 with Nexus 6P and happily enjoying music with X3ii now.

i just recently bought lotoo paw 5000, waiting for them to arrive..will compare them with X3ii.

I've not heard a phone that sounds better than the X3II nor have a heard of a phone that sounds better. iPods do not sound better. The X3II is a very good value.

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #9,729 of 9,972
Today I updated my free macos itunes sync utility fiiosync with some nice features.
Now it supports AAC, MP3 and ALAC. Apple Lossless is now copied to the FiiO as FLAC, this way the files can be tagged with metaflac (because of replaygain). Since both codecs are lossless this has no impact on the quality whatsoever.
Also, when separating the art from the files in the sync, the cover/album art is altered directly to fit the FiiO's 320x240 screen (by adding black bars) this way you can see the whole cover instead of half :wink: And by default the filenames are renamed to a 'track numberless' file, this way the internal library search of the FiiO isn't as useless anymore :D
The tracks will still play in the correct order because the fiio uses the track-number tag inside the file.
Hope it can be useful for others as well as it is for me right now, really enjoying my FiiO X3ii more with these 'sync features'.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #9,730 of 9,972
I've got my funky FiiO TRRS coaxial out cable to the Mojo from Dyson Audio and I have no complaints. Probably the lowest price you'll find.

Looks like you may be making a custom cable if you're just looking for connectors though.

I was going to build a custom cable, but I have since canceled the purchase of this device. I have an AP60 coming in but still looking very longingly at DAPs with Balanced out and somewhat higher power. Then I can leave the Mojo behind most of the time and just take it around when necessary.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #9,731 of 9,972
Am I right in thinking the X3ii's Replay Gain only affects its headphone output (i.e. it has no effect when excluding the amplifier section to run directly through the line-out)?

I ask because I only use line-out (with my home audio system), and after carefully tagging my collection using MP3Gain, I really don't notice any difference.... I'm still getting disproprortionately quiet tracks and disproportionately loud ones, it seems to me, whether having used Album Gain or Track Gain. Puzzling!

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #9,732 of 9,972
  Today I updated my free macos itunes sync utility fiiosync with some nice features.
Now it supports AAC, MP3 and ALAC. Apple Lossless is now copied to the FiiO as FLAC, this way the files can be tagged with metaflac (because of replaygain). Since both codecs are lossless this has no impact on the quality whatsoever.
Also, when separating the art from the files in the sync, the cover/album art is altered directly to fit the FiiO's 320x240 screen (by adding black bars) this way you can see the whole cover instead of half :wink: And by default the filenames are renamed to a 'track numberless' file, this way the internal library search of the FiiO isn't as useless anymore :D
The tracks will still play in the correct order because the fiio uses the track-number tag inside the file.
Hope it can be useful for others as well as it is for me right now, really enjoying my FiiO X3ii more with these 'sync features'.

You really went to town on this. Nicely done! And thank you.

Are there options not to convert to FLAC? As primarily an album listener, I don't really care about Replay Gain, and don't need to re-encode my files during sync.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #9,734 of 9,972

Regarding the conversion to flac, the reason for the 're-encode' (which isn't much slower or something other than copying the file because of the losslessness) has to do with the fact that there are no tools or libraries to tag alac files.
So without the alac->flac it would be completely the same as just simply copying the folder to the FiiO and you would be missing out on the tagging/gains/rename/covers :wink:
Also, ReplayGain is applied in the most default manner, so Album volume is also saved on album-level.

There is no ability to select playlists or anything, but it could be possible, since the 'album list' is (technically) a playlist loaded from itunes with the albums.
Only problem would be the whole design of the program which is focused on getting your library in the FiiO mirroring the library of iTunes.
And with playlists the process would be cherry picking different tracks and save them 'somewhere' on the device and create a universal readable playlist for the FiiO, I think Dapper is a program which is able to do this?

Fiiosync is compatible with everything that is just a 'disk' when connected to the computer. Just select the disk you want to sync to, if this are multiple disks, just select the other one when one is filled up. Only hurdle is maybe the cover.png resize, i'm not sure what size the X5ii screen is, or does the x5ii does not have any issues with showing albumart fullscreen?

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #9,735 of 9,972

Users who are viewing this thread

Back