The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Sep 27, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #5,941 of 9,972
Sep 27, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #5,942 of 9,972
@jazz, even that may not be the case because other sources are fine with this combo. also I am using power amp at its low gain setting which allows as high as 9.8v rms input sensitivity.

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #5,943 of 9,972

Maybe Fiio should  consider going back to physical buttons on the next X3. I love the build of the X3 2nd gen but I would really prefer buttons for navigation like the X3 1st gen.

True. I haven't used the X3 1st Gen. But I like the buttons on my Sansa Clips.

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #5,944 of 9,972
Hello, I just got my X3 2nd gen a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. I moved from iTouch to Fiio because I needed more space and my ears were asking for a sond quality upgrade. My next step will be getting new and better earphones which are worthy of Fiio sound (I have a humble Sennheiser PX 95 and Brainwvz M1).

I don't know if this has been asked before but I noticed that when I'm using the OTG feature, if my device goes to sleep after some minutes, when I try to listen to music again, the USB will not be detected so I have to turn the X3II off and on again to the USB get recognized. Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong? (FW1.3, USB SanDisk 2GB)

Despite that little issue, my Fiio sounds very good and has behaved decent so far. I'm using a 16GB card right now, since I need to finish cleaning and rearranging my music library on my computer before I move my music to a 128GB card. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to arraging stuff.

Sep 27, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #5,945 of 9,972
Hello there fellow x3 II users. I just made the upgrade to 1,3 firmware and i noticed that my fiio started to make clicking noises. When i turn it on it makes a noticable click and after a second or two it does it again. And its coming form inside of the device! it happens when i turn it on. Start playing music or plug in earphones. Two small clicks from inside the case of the fiio. I don't think it behaved this way before the upgrade. It sounds like small electrical discharge... maybe the capacitors? Do you have this kind of thing in your fiio? 

Sep 27, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #5,947 of 9,972
Sorta off topic, but something is confusing me.  Why would anyone buy a E17 for only 40 bucks less, when the X3ii has the same power specs, can still be used with USB OTG, and yet is a full DAP.

Is there some upside to the E17 I am missing?

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #5,948 of 9,972
@jazz, even that may not be the case because other sources are fine with this combo. also I am using power amp at its low gain setting which allows as high as 9.8v rms input sensitivity.

It's a mystery to me. My X3 II plays just fine through the Hugo with every amp I attach to it. Do you have any other DAC at your disposal for testing? And how does your power amp react when it's fed with the line-out signal from the X3 II?

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #5,949 of 9,972
Hello there fellow x3 II users. I just made the upgrade to 1,3 firmware and i noticed that my fiio started to make clicking noises. When i turn it on it makes a noticable click and after a second or two it does it again. And its coming form inside of the device! it happens when i turn it on. Start playing music or plug in earphones. Two small clicks from inside the case of the fiio. I don't think it behaved this way before the upgrade. It sounds like small electrical discharge... maybe the capacitors? Do you have this kind of thing in your fiio? 

That is normal operation. Just relays in the device switching off or on.

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #5,950 of 9,972
Maybe Fiio should  consider going back to physical buttons on the next X3. I love the build of the X3 2nd gen but I would really prefer buttons for navigation like the X3 1st gen.

Agreed. I use the buttons as much as possible and never use the wheel unless I am forced to. If I was unable to use the buttons instead of the wheel for most operations, I probably would have have gotten rid of it for a different player. I would be glad to see the wheel go on future devices in favor of buttons.

Sep 28, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #5,952 of 9,972
Sorta off topic, but something is confusing me.  Why would anyone buy a E17 for only 40 bucks less, when the X3ii has the same power specs, can still be used with USB OTG, and yet is a full DAP.

Well the E17 / E17K run driverless on both Windows and Macs (unlike the X3II which requires installing unsigned drivers on Windows)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 28, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #5,953 of 9,972

Tone controls, driverless (as Joe said).  Actually if you wnat best of both worlds - get both.  I use my E17K with the X3ii a lot.  It extends the battery life quite a bit - and is easier to use if I want a simple portable DAC (for my laptop)

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #5,954 of 9,972
Well the E17 / E17K run driverless on both Windows and Macs (unlike the X3II which requires installing unsigned drivers on Windows)

Tone controls, driverless (as Joe said).  Actually if you wnat best of both worlds - get both.  I use my E17K with the X3ii a lot.  It extends the battery life quite a bit - and is easier to use if I want a simple portable DAC (for my laptop)

Are there any differences when utilizing each with an Android phone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back