The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jun 8, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #4,217 of 9,972
Good news guys--a new firmware update for the X3 2nd:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/770863/official-x3-2nd-gen-beta-firmware-thread-fw1-11-improved-cue-gapless-eq-on-line-coax-out-lots-of-fixes

It's a big update this time
tongue_smile.gif

2015-06-08
Beta firmware version 1.11 for the X3 2nd gen is now available!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yb1k8gb3kvsbxf/X3%202nd%20gen%20FW1.11beta.zip?dl=0

After downloading the update, please unpack (unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--please post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions, and if you encounter serious problems, consider flashing back to a stable release.

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.11 compared to FW1.1:
1. Pressing the Back button from the Now Playing screen will now always take you to the folder / album / etc. from which the current song is selected. This is true even after navigating to the main menu or powering the X5 off and back on;

3. Equalizer may now also be used with line out and coaxial output;

4. Improved gapless playback of single music files split by CUE sheets;

Looking forward to your feedback 
smily_headphones1.gif

This is awesome! I just made the request for point 1 & 3, and reported the gapless playback of CD image in my review today, and within a few hours you fix it!
Thanks a lot!

On the topic of using an X player "merely" for mp3s, thought I'd dredge up this old post explaining the superior mp3 playback now featuring on all recent firmware:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661411/the-fiio-x5-thread/7875#post_10498071

Note that this was posted in April 2014
wink.gif

Do you mean from X5 onwards, all Fiio players support 32 bit floating point files?  Do they support most common format of 32 bit files?  Wow, I didn't know this 
normal_smile .gif

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #4,218 of 9,972
I'd like to ask you aquestion about shure.
Since I have se210, I found them muddy. They are not new, but never
used. Do they burn-in? If it remains the same, I would consider some-
thing else. Westone um 10 or hf5. What I want is neutral sound, nothing
more or less.
BTW, personally, I do hear difference between mp3 and flac, not to
mention 24/192. Not an offence. I do.

I have the Grado GR10's and X3ii and E12, the sound is stunning. Clear, and detailed. A little mid-prominent but one's brain compensates quite quickly and the sound quality is very inviting and addictive. I have read that the DUNU TITAN 1's are similar in sound to the Grados and around 90GBP or perhaps 120USD or so? Worth a check! I may even invest in a pair myself to compare.

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #4,219 of 9,972
  I have the Grado GR10's and X3ii and E12, the sound is stunning. Clear, and detailed. A little mid-prominent but one's brain compensates quite quickly and the sound quality is very inviting and addictive. I have read that the DUNU TITAN 1's are similar in sound to the Grados and around 90GBP or perhaps 120USD or so? Worth a check! I may even invest in a pair myself to compare.

The Titans sound great from this DAP! It's my main mobile setup.

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #4,220 of 9,972

DUNU Titan 1 sounds great with X3ii, especially when you find the right eartips for you.  Another IEM I find to have good chemistry with X3ii is the ATH-IM50. But it is more for people who love warm and a little bassy sound. IM50 pairs really well with X3ii.

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #4,221 of 9,972
Could someone please let me know if x3 2nd + dunu dn1000 it a good pair? 

I want to improve the sound compared to the sansa clip + dunu dn1000, I mean a very big improvement to let myself pay $ 200 for x3 2nd

I mean x3 dn2 + DUNU dn1000 without dac

Jun 8, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #4,222 of 9,972
  Could someone please let me know if x3 2nd + dunu dn1000 it a good pair? 

I want to improve the sound compared to the sansa clip + dunu dn1000, I mean a very big improvement to let myself pay $ 200 for x3 2nd

I mean x3 dn2 + DUNU dn1000 without dac

I have the DN-1000 and Fiio X3II and I get clear highs with plenty of bass. They sound smooth and I don't get listening fatigue with these. I listen mostly to classic rock. I'd highly recommend these IEMs to anybody. 

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #4,223 of 9,972
Do you know that X3 2nd gen may function as a high quality DSD to PCM converter?
Did you notice when we hold X3ii side by side with our smartphone we didn't get the annoying EMI noise from the phone?
Did you ever wonder if X3ii the battery can be replaced, and how the X3ii circuit board looks like?
Do you know that we cannot use the SPDIF cable from the old X3 or iBasoo DX90 for X3 2nd gen?

Find out more on my full review of Fiio X3 2nd gen here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/13322

Happy readings!
:beerchug:  

Very complete technical review! Much appreciated!

Jun 8, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #4,224 of 9,972
  Do you know that X3 2nd gen may function as a high quality DSD to PCM converter?
Did you notice when we hold X3ii side by side with our smartphone we didn't get the annoying EMI noise from the phone?
Did you ever wonder if X3ii the battery can be replaced, and how the X3ii circuit board looks like?
Do you know that we cannot use the SPDIF cable from the old X3 or iBasoo DX90 for X3 2nd gen?

Find out more on my full review of Fiio X3 2nd gen here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/13322

Happy readings!
beerchug.gif

I haven't read the review yet because I am at work, but THANK YOU for the PCB screens for us hardware geeks.

Jun 8, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #4,225 of 9,972

Problem is I really like the Dignis case and it's not that difficult to pull the X3II out of it.  I just really wish they had put a small cut out for the SD slot, because it is somewhat of a pain.

I doubt I could switch to any other case after using the Dignis 
redface.gif
   Thanks though!

I couldn't agree more.  I have the brown Dignis case and couldn't be more happier with it.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #4,226 of 9,972
Well, I tried to get my hands on an OG X3, because I didn't feel the X3ii was for me. Ordered one, sent the X3ii back, and waited. Today, received an X3ii. No more OG X3's. So, I'm back! May have to amp it, to get the most out of my Aurisonics 2.5s. Any suggestions?

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #4,227 of 9,972
Someone brave enough to make a MicroSD-card slot in the Dignis case? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Still love it, top notch case.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #4,228 of 9,972
Well, I tried to get my hands on an OG X3, because I didn't feel the X3ii was for me. Ordered one, sent the X3ii back, and waited. Today, received an X3ii. No more OG X3's. So, I'm back! May have to amp it, to get the most out of my Aurisonics 2.5s. Any suggestions?

Did you check Canada Computers? Their site "says" in stock.
As far as amps go: I got an e12a and am very happy with it (purchased at Canada Computers btw… i'm not trying to shill for the co.)

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #4,229 of 9,972
Did you check Canada Computers? Their site "says" in stock.
As far as amps go: I got an e12a and am very happy with it (purchased at Canada Computers btw… i'm not trying to shill for the co.)

That's where I purchased from. Meh, I got it for $40 less than the first one I bought. That's something. Amp will have to wait till next disability check, so I have a while to research.

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #4,230 of 9,972
  I have the DN-1000 and Fiio X3II and I get clear highs with plenty of bass. They sound smooth and I don't get listening fatigue with these. I listen mostly to classic rock. I'd highly recommend these IEMs to anybody. 

+1. Agree. They paired wonderfully!

Very complete technical review! Much appreciated!

I haven't read the review yet because I am at work, but THANK YOU for the PCB screens for us hardware geeks.

You're welcome!

I didn't dare to remove the battery cable connector. Hopefully someone knows how to remove it properly in case we need to replace the battery in the future. Or probably Fiio could help us with proper procedure to replace the battery when required. but I guess that will be a few years from now, as my Fiio X3 and E12DIY battery are still performs well after a few years. The battery that Fiio uses in their product seems good quality battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back