The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jun 8, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4,231 of 9,972
Joe recently posted on the X5 II thread that If/when the battery needs servicing FiiO sends out a new battery for under $20 along with instructions for those with the proper know how (local shop) to do the job.

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #4,232 of 9,972
Joe recently posted on the X5 II thread that If/when the battery needs servicing FiiO sends out a new battery for under $20 along with instructions for those with the proper know how (local shop) to do the job.

Thanks for the info!
Would be nice if Fiio could post the instruction here, as there are some hardware geeks in this forum 
normal_smile .gif

Hopefully the battery will still be available in the next 2-3 years. The battery connector of X3ii seems to be removable, hopefully no soldering required.

Jun 8, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #4,233 of 9,972
Thanks for the info!
Would be nice if Fiio could post the instruction here, as there are some hardware geeks in this forum 
normal_smile%20.gif

Hopefully the battery will still be available in the next 2-3 years. The battery connector of X3ii seems to be removable, hopefully no soldering required.

I'm pretty sure it's a good policy NOT to post the instructions here. Imagine all the warranty claims that would ensue from less than capable hands and weekend tinkerers. :wink_face:

Jun 8, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #4,234 of 9,972
I'm pretty sure it's a good policy NOT to post the instructions here. Imagine all the warranty claims that would ensue from less than capable hands and weekend tinkerers.
wink_face.gif

Ha ha ha... 
biggrin.gif

Right! I didn't think of that 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #4,235 of 9,972
I have the Grado GR10's and X3ii and E12, the sound is stunning. Clear, and detailed. A little mid-prominent but one's brain compensates quite quickly and the sound quality is very inviting and addictive.

Googled. About $750. Gonna pass it. :)
Some iem-s are out of my reach, some are not easilly available.
I assume I might get etymotic hf5. How do they go with x3 II,
for neutral, 24/192 sound?
BTW, this se210 look better and better. Or I became music proof.
Still good opinions on superlux hd381F ?
Best regards all.

Jun 9, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #4,236 of 9,972
Googled. About $750. Gonna pass it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Some iem-s are out of my reach, some are not easilly available.
I assume I might get etymotic hf5. How do they go with x3 II,
for neutral, 24/192 sound?
BTW, this se210 look better and better. Or I became music proof.
Still good opinions on superlux hd381F ?
Best regards all.

yeah , they are pricey. I got mine for 390chf, around 410 usd i guess.

all the reviews for other IEMs were giving me a "more bass, less clarity" vibe, which is why i plumped for the expense of these. However, after getting them i heard of the DUNU Titans and that was the point of my post, to say that the DUNU TITAN 1's are supposed to have a similar sonic signature to the GR10's and at a third of the price i paid.

Others in this thread have also said the DUNU's are superb. Perhaps check them out?

Jun 9, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #4,238 of 9,972
Do you mean from X5 onwards, all Fiio players support 32 bit floating point files?  Do they support most common format of 32 bit files?  Wow, I didn't know this 
normal_smile%20.gif

All X players up to and including the original X3 now have the 32bit mp3 decoding described :)

They also unofficially support higher res WAVs, up to 64bits. Which of such files are supported, on which players, is up to you guys to play with and check out :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 9, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #4,239 of 9,972
All X players up to and including the original X3 now have the 32bit mp3 decoding described
smily_headphones1.gif

They also unofficially support higher res WAVs, up to 64bits. Which of such files are supported, on which players, is up to you guys to play with and check out
biggrin.gif

Wow
eek.gif
 ! this is awesome! 
Will try and play with it when have time. 32 bits floating point is useful for mixing to avoid clipping. Hopefully the DAC mode also support 32 bits, because I think this feature might not be useful for most users, and the DAC mode is probably the more practical way to use it, so sound engineer can use X players for on the go DAC for mixing with their laptop.

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #4,240 of 9,972
  Someone brave enough to make a MicroSD-card slot in the Dignis case? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Still love it, top notch case.

Where can i get this Dignis case? A tried to find it but no luck. I like the function signs on that case.

Btw, what about usb cable? I'm a bit skeptical about better usb cable improving the SQ, but ready to test it. So what do you think/experienced, how is a 30€ usb cable (like Audioquest Pearl or what you suggest) compared to the stock one?

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #4,241 of 9,972
I'm really starting to warm to X3II, especially with Fidue A83 these past few days. I can definitely hear what the hype is about. 

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #4,242 of 9,972
  Where can i get this Dignis case? A tried to find it but no luck. I like the function signs on that case.

Dignis case http://www.amazon.com/Dignis-Leather-Case-X3K-Generation/dp/B00W5WE5UM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1433844180&sr=8-3&keywords=dignis+fiio+x3

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #4,243 of 9,972
  Btw, what about usb cable? I'm a bit skeptical about better usb cable improving the SQ, but ready to test it. So what do you think/experienced, how is a 30€ usb cable (like Audioquest Pearl or what you suggest) compared to the stock one?

At this time, I'm a non-believer of USB cable, because I tried a few audiophile USB cables compared to cheap good quality USB cable, I couldn't hear any difference.
But since some people said they could hear the difference, I keep an open mind regarding this matter.

I'm really starting to warm to X3II, especially with Fidue A83 these past few days. I can definitely hear what the hype is about. 

Good pairing?

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #4,244 of 9,972

Good pairing?

Definitely. I'm working out X3II avoids that often pronounced push in the upper mids some players have.

Instead offering a thick amount of detail evenly across the frequency range. It can take a little adjusting coming from the iBasso DX50 if you've been using one a while. Though easily detectable X3II has better layering and separation. Once you understand the detail is staying tightly in place rather than jump out at you (ie upper mid push) its a very good player. A83 sits well as it removes some of the aggression presenting a more balanced amount of detail. 

its a very musical player X3II, quite involving. I really like it.

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #4,245 of 9,972
Definitely. I'm working out X3II avoids that often pronounced push in the upper mids some players have.

Instead offering a thick amount of detail evenly across the frequency range. It can take a little adjusting coming from the iBasso DX50 if you've been using one a while. Though easily detectable X3II has better layering and separation. Once you understand the detail is staying tightly in place rather than jump out at you (ie upper mid push) its a very good player. A83 sits well as it removes some of the aggression presenting a more balanced amount of detail. 

its a very musical player X3II, quite involving. I really like it.

Amen! A refined and well behaved sounding DAP. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back