The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Feb 21, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #556 of 9,972
are you a retailer or?
No just a consumer. Officially I need to pay tax (BTW / VAT) on anything with a total value above €22 (item + shipping). Items from China most of the time are passing without extra fees. Items from the USA are almost 100% caught.

So if the difference isn't to big I buy it here locally. That's also easier with warranty.

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #558 of 9,972
Just a small update on the DAC in the X3 gen 2.  For the last few hours I've been listening to it, playing out of a netbook running Kubuntu Linux. I also compared it (straight A/B) with the X5, and I can say that for me - it is a very good DAC implementation. If anything the X5 might have a touch more refinement and have slightly more bottom end - but its really close.

I certainly have no issue with its overall sound so far - in fact I'm highly impressed with this little unit.  More to follow ......

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #559 of 9,972
Just a small update on the DAC in the X3 gen 2.  For the last few hours I've been listening to it, playing out of a netbook running Kubuntu Linux. I also compared it (straight A/B) with the X5, and I can say that for me - it is a very good DAC implementation. If anything the X5 might have a touch more refinement and have slightly more bottom end - but its really close.

I certainly have no issue with its overall sound so far - in fact I'm highly impressed with this little unit.  More to follow ......

Thanks for the update :)

Feb 22, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #560 of 9,972

I'd love to hear more comparisons with the X5, especially concerning detail retrieval and bass texture.

Thanks Brooko! :)

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #562 of 9,972
I'd love to hear more comparisons with the X5, especially concerning detail retrieval and bass texture.

Thanks Brooko!
smily_headphones1.gif

+1

Feb 23, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #563 of 9,972
Well, glad i finally stumbled to the forums, i was on the fence about getting an X3 v1, and now this news of a new one coming out, guess that means more suspense for me and trying to hold out until this guy is released!

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #565 of 9,972

you'd have to be crazy to get to not wait for the x3 v2 at this point.

I think both X3 II and X7 are going to be game changers in terms of price/performance ratio!!!

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #568 of 9,972

Why X3 II will be a game changer? It will offer about the same features as the current X3, for about the same price...

There is a lot more you need to factor into price/performance ratio than just "about the same features"
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back