The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Feb 20, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #541 of 9,972
I suspect the originals x3 will have a good resale market. wolfson has a fan base

I'm one of those fans. Ditched the X5. Keeping my original X3 though. Never liked the scroll wheel and if they release an X5 II without one I would probably grab one down the track but it looks like FIIO have a thing for it despite it's cheap and nasty feel.

Had I known that it would be as disappointing as it was I would have gone down the DX90 path and would still have it.

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #542 of 9,972
  If you guys really don't like the color/finish, X3 2nd gen comes with 3 sets of customizable stickers: wooden finish, US flag, and 3D carbon fiber (my favorite!).  Go wild with your personalized finish!
biggrin.gif

Btw, this gunmetal finish looks a lot better in person, and the cold touch of the metal case is just awesome.  I noticed they have a clear screen protector on the back as well, gives you a bit of piece of mind to carry it without silicone skin.

Looks to me like the colour matches the e12a. Am I right, or is it just the lighting of your pics?

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #543 of 9,972
  Looks to me like the colour matches the e12a. Am I right, or is it just the lighting of your pics?

Yes, very close.  I think E12A is a shade darker and has a more brushed finished while X3 II has a smoother finish.

Feb 21, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #545 of 9,972
Frankly, thing worrying me the most is pricing.
200 usd does sound right and good. but when this becomes 200 EURO in Europe and 200 GBP in Britain that gets on my nerves.
i do understand its not Fiio's fault and they cannot control it. but comeon.. you cant blame the taxes on that entirely too do you? are suppliers just being greedy?
perhaps employing something like "recommended price"?
most likely i will just order it from some shop selling it in USD and hopefully avoid customs. worst case itll be the same price...

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #546 of 9,972
And $65,903,400,000,000aud hahaha

I think this will be a great bang for buck product still.
Even with the sad exchange rates Etc it will sit well respectively. Over here the original ak100 is still near $700. The ak100ii is nearly $1200. $2400 for an ak120ii. It's just crazy. And many of these prices were the same as they are now well before the dollar dropping.

To think not that long ago our dollar was over 1usd

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #547 of 9,972
  Frankly, thing worrying me the most is pricing.
200 usd does sound right and good. but when this becomes 200 EURO in Europe and 200 GBP in Britain that gets on my nerves.
i do understand its not Fiio's fault and they cannot control it. but comeon.. you cant blame the taxes on that entirely too do you? are suppliers just being greedy?
perhaps employing something like "recommended price"?
most likely i will just order it from some shop selling it in USD and hopefully avoid customs. worst case itll be the same price...

US pricing is, most of the time, without tax. So the total amount will be higher, also in the US.
I don't think most of the retailers are greedy. Here in the Netherlands a big chunk goes to the goverment.
Lets's say I import the FiiO X3

MSRP: $200 (€175,74 according to xe.com)
+
Shipping: $20 (€17,57) (my estimate is probably on the low side)
+
Handling costs for the postal service €13,- (depending on original courier it can be even €17,-)
+
Tax: 21%

= Total: ((175,74 + 17,57) * 1.21) + 13 = €246,87

** plus as it is more than I'm allowed to import there is probably also a extra import fee **

Official dealer asks: €220 (incl. shipping)

So importing for me isn't always an option. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #548 of 9,972
  US pricing is, most of the time, without tax. So the total amount will be higher, also in the US.
I don't think most of the retailers are greedy. Here in the Netherlands a big chunk goes to the goverment.
Lets's say I import the FiiO X3

MSRP: $200 (€175,74 according to xe.com)
+
Shipping: $20 (€17,57) (my estimate is probably on the low side)
+
Handling costs for the postal service €13,- (depending on original courier it can be even €17,-)
+
Tax: 21%

= Total: ((175,74 + 17,57) * 1.21) + 13 = €246,87

** plus as it is more than I'm allowed to import there is probably also a extra import fee **

Official dealer asks: €220 (incl. shipping)

So importing for me isn't always an option. 
biggrin.gif

are you a retailer or?
for me as a private person(in germany) to buy it from the US or china. its 200 usd+ around 20usd shipping, and thats it. incase it will be caught in customs then another 19%. still cheaper than retail

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #549 of 9,972
  are you a retailer or?
for me as a private person(in germany) to buy it from the US or china. its 200 usd+ around 20usd shipping, and thats it. incase it will be caught in customs then another 19%. still cheaper than retail

what do you mean "in case"?
it doesn't always caught by customs because you're a private person?
private person in germany doesn't have to pay import tax for personal usage items?

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #550 of 9,972
In my country the X1 for example goes at retailers for EUR 150 = USD 170

70% premium to the price in Germany, which is a day's drive away.. insane.

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #551 of 9,972

what do you mean "in case"?
it doesn't always caught by customs because you're a private person?
private person in germany doesn't have to pay import tax for personal usage items?

of course each item that comes inside every country goes through customs. 
but they dont actually  open each and every parcel they receive and check for it's contents and price.
there actually not even allowed to open it by themselves. they take it and ask you to come to their office and open it together. then the price is being evaluated when you bring receipts.
if then the price is above some limit you are asked to pay VAT and maybe if above another value or quantity u need to pay something else. this is how i know it works

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #553 of 9,972
  of course each item that comes inside every country goes through customs. 
but they dont actually  open each and every parcel they receive and check for it's contents and price.
there actually not even allowed to open it by themselves. they take it and ask you to come to their office and open it together. then the price is being evaluated when you bring receipts.
if then the price is above some limit you are asked to pay VAT and maybe if above another value or quantity u need to pay something else. this is how i know it works

How much is the tax-free limit in germany if i may ask?
where i live, it's $50. anything above $50 got taxed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back