The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 13, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #1,876 of 9,972
I had a different issue with aliexpress.  I placed my order a couple days ago, fiio modified the price on my order on friday evening and I paid on friday evening.   The credit card I used, which I know is fine and works without a problem was rejected for what aliexpress called security reasons as a result aliexpress cancelled the order.  

I had to place the order again on Satuday, wait for fiio to adjust the price again (which they did this morning) and now I waiting for the payment to go through completely.   I used a different card this time and so far no rejections.   They say on their site it could take up to 24 hours to verify payment.

If this one doesn't go through I doubt I will try a 3rd time.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,877 of 9,972
Don't actually have mine yet. It's hopefully in the air from Hong Kong as we speak. I went with brown, but also liked the burgundy. Tough choices!
I mean, your DAP you already have it! Yep, a little though choice... this an easy one, only 3 cases to choose from, but, less though than choosing the color of my custom Pro bicycle or, choosing a color & style of a new CIEM !!!!

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #1,878 of 9,972
I mean, your DAP you already have it! Yep, a little though choice... this an easy one, only 3 cases to choose from, but, less though than choosing the color of my custom Pro bicycle or, choosing a color & style of a new CIEM !!!!

Nope,don't have the DAP either. Had one for 10 days as part of the World Tour, and then had to send it on to another reviewer. It whet my appetite though, hence I jumped on the 20% off deal last week.

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #1,879 of 9,972
Nope,don't have the DAP either. Had one for 10 days as part of the World Tour, and then had to send it on to another reviewer. It whet my appetite though, hence I jumped on the 20% off deal last week.
Ok, so you have already the oldy X3 version! bc of this, you save 20% off. Lucky guy! Am in appetite to, still wait for it from my local dealer! !

:D

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,880 of 9,972

I find Amazon Canada to be WAAAAY overpriced on almost all the electronics they carry. Will only use them as a last resort.

2nd that i'm from the UK and I thought it was bad getting ripped of most of the time on prices now i live in Canada and in most cases it's even worse. You can get the X3K at Canada computers for 289 still way over priced but better than Amazon

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,881 of 9,972
Placed my order on 10th with Aliexpress they sent message saying the don't pay until the price is updated, as of now it's still not updated. 

Do you know if they will take PayPal it don't say it on the website I'm a little concerned about handing over my credit card on this one.

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,882 of 9,972
This is what I'm getting even on the Russian site of Aliexpress (which I was told to go to in the private messaging):

Click for enlargement @Joe Bloggs

Quote:
Looks like us Washingtonians are s o l. Aliexpress checkout will not work!! FiiO doesn't seem to understand the predicament and keeps insisting to a credit card even. ??

@Joe Bloggs

Someone quoted the article a while back and I quote the message I was receiving. The problem is that AliExpress has blackballed the whole state. 

That being said, I feel bad for the international headfiers who seldom get in on these kinds of deals! 

Unfortunately they do not from what I hear.

Quote:
  Placed my order on 10th with Aliexpress they sent message saying the don't pay until the price is updated, as of now it's still not updated. 

Do you know if they will take PayPal it don't say it on the website I'm a little concerned about handing over my credit card on this one.

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #1,885 of 9,972
I can sympathize with you guys in WA. Seems like since ali didn't pay the state whatever fee they wanted, nothing will get shipped to you (i'm sure it has nothing to do with Amazon being HQ'd in WA
wink.gif
). Happens to us Canadians all the time when we try to order something off Amazon.com and get told it won't be shipped to Canada.

If you guys are in Seattle/Spokane couldn't you just get a maildrop/forward service up here? Or Oregon/Idaho?

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #1,886 of 9,972
Problem is checkout won't allow wa residents to check out, not a matter of shipping address. Although I wonder what happens if i use a shipping address out of state but use a credit card within the state. The address won't match the credit card though..m
I can sympathize with you guys in WA. Seems like since ali didn't pay the state whatever fee they wanted, nothing will get shipped to you (i'm sure it has nothing to do with Amazon being HQ'd in WA:wink: ). Happens to us Canadians all the time when we try to order something off Amazon.com and get told it won't be shipped to Canada.

If you guys are in Seattle/Spokane couldn't you just get a maildrop/forward service up here? Or Oregon/Idaho?

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #1,887 of 9,972
Problem is checkout won't allow wa residents to check out, not a matter of shipping address. Although I wonder what happens if i use a shipping address out of state but use a credit card within the state. The address won't match the credit card though..m

That's what I was talking about - use your CC but put in Portland for shipment. That really won't work?

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #1,888 of 9,972
That's what I was talking about - use your CC but put in Portland for shipment. That really won't work?

In all honesty I was hesitant when I saw it was on Aliexpress but given FiiO is reputable company I decided, why not. Now that there's this whole fiasco I'm discouraged to even try. The X3-II is nice and all but maybe I'll just catch it in the local market or wait til its on sale. Kinda wish they'd just give WA residents a coupon code for their site to use when it goes live on Fiio.com but oh wells.
confused_face.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #1,889 of 9,972
Hey Bruce did your X3II ship out yet from Treoo? I ordered on March 19th at 2:00 in the morning. Treoo's site shows Shipment 1 closing April 1st but when I contacted Treoo I was told they did not receive enough X3II to fulfill all the pre-orders and mine wouldn't be shipping until the next shipment arrives. 

Hi reality, you are one day too late. Treoo told me they can fulfill order till 18th Mar. I'm also waiting for mine. There is a chance I might not fit into 2nd shipment also as mine is close to end March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back