The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 13, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #1,861 of 9,972
  It is disappointing. I thought by pre-ordering from Treoo that I would snap one up right away. Well next time a new gadget comes out I will wait until I can get it in Canada. 

Update: I just found the Fiio X3 2nd gen on Amazon.ca and it says that it won't ship out until April 30th.

http://www.amazon.ca/X3-Generation-Resolution-Lossless-Portable/dp/B00VXRU3R4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428946217&sr=8-1&keywords=FiiO+X3+%282nd+Generation%29

oh well. That's what I get for having zero patience and a new technology addiction! 
wink_face.gif

I know, I have the same problems. Last time I ordered from Treoo I swore I'd wait but I ordered from there again...That's pretty expensive on Amazon.ca..over $350 with shipping and tax.

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #1,862 of 9,972

I know, I have the same problems. Last time I ordered from Treoo I swore I'd wait but I ordered from there again...That's pretty expensive on Amazon.ca..over $350 with shipping and tax.

I find Amazon Canada to be WAAAAY overpriced on almost all the electronics they carry. Will only use them as a last resort.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #1,864 of 9,972
Yeah I paid $285 CAD shipped from Treoo. Our dollar got a little worse in the mean time. I agree about Amazon Canada being crazy over priced on some items. I can by the exact same items on Amazon.com and have them shipped to Canada cheaper than buying from Amazon.ca. Isn't that veird? 
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #1,865 of 9,972
Use Google Chrome. It'll ask to automatically translate for you :)
Pretty sure Wokei rocks a tuff-luv case. Is that right Wokei? If so, how do you like it?

Yeah baby....very useful.....clip can be taken off if you don't need it and all over protection....

Guys need to chillex.....the only handful of the 2nd gen X3 are mostly in the hands of reviewer and Fiio only started to ship today...for those who took the offer up for 1st gen X3 with discounted price....

Of cuz..nothing beats Dignis case but they are more expensive for me...what with all the shipping cost....me rather used that cost to buy micro sd card...that's just me.

Tuff luv also have X5 case..check them out

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #1,867 of 9,972
  It's not just amazon canada being over priced.  Everything in Canada is more expensive than the US.  It's so damn expensive over there and your taxes are so damn high.

And there we have the beginnings of a highly charged political debate... not going to bite. Run away! Run away!! Run away!!!

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #1,872 of 9,972
Case hasn't arrived yet, but costs (shipped to Canada) were as follows:
  • Dignis case: US$37.50
  • Shipping by International Registered Post (2 weeks, with tracking): $6.40
  • Shipping by EMS Express (3-5 days, with tracking): $22.40

This was from Dignis directly. Total costs with shipping are $43.90 or $59.90. I chose the cheaper shipping option; I'm not desperate for the case so a few days won't make much difference.
Thx for the feedback! I will then go in the same direction!

You already have your X3II, so I dnt get mine yet! When I get it, I will ordered the case. Burg ou brwn!!!?? I'l see!

:cool:

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #1,874 of 9,972
Thx for the feedback! I will then go in the same way!

You already have your X3II, so I dnt get mine yet! When I get it, I will ordered the case. Burg ou brwn!!!?? I'l see!

cool.gif

Don't actually have mine yet. It's hopefully in the air from Hong Kong as we speak. I went with brown, but also liked the burgundy. Tough choices!

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #1,875 of 9,972
Looks like us Washingtonians are s o l. Aliexpress checkout will not work!! FiiO doesn't seem to understand the predicament and keeps insisting to a credit card even. ??

@Joe Bloggs

Someone quoted the article a while back and I quote the message I was receiving. The problem is that AliExpress has blackballed the whole state. 

That being said, I feel bad for the international headfiers who seldom get in on these kinds of deals! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back