The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Sep 19, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #6,286 of 7,793
  anyone have tried the x1 on grado sr80e would appreciate to know what is your impression, I'm really interested on getting a x1.

I have the SR80i, they sound great together in my opinion. I haven't really tried it on any other good audio gear, but everything sounds pretty good. The X1 won't make it any brighter for sure, which is good in my opinion, and you can use the EQ to change the sound a little if you'd like. I personally find the SR80i and X1 to work well without EQ.

Sep 19, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #6,287 of 7,793
  I have the SR80i, they sound great together in my opinion. I haven't really tried it on any other good audio gear, but everything sounds pretty good. The X1 won't make it any brighter for sure, which is good in my opinion, and you can use the EQ to change the sound a little if you'd like. I personally find the SR80i and X1 to work well without EQ.

Thank you, appreciate it. 
X1 would be my first DAP so I'm a little hesitant on getting one. 

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #6,288 of 7,793
  Thank you, appreciate it. 
X1 would be my first DAP so I'm a little hesitant on getting one. 

I highly recommend it. It's built like a tank and has great sound as well as great features. I'm planning on getting either the Q1 or E11k to strap on for a bump up in SQ (though I really don't need the extra power yet, the X1 is plenty powerful itself). You may want to look into the FiiO M3 too, it's less powerful and AFAIK has less features, but it's even cheaper and I'd assume SQ would still be very good.

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #6,289 of 7,793
  I highly recommend it. It's built like a tank and has great sound as well as great features. I'm planning on getting either the Q1 or E11k to strap on for a bump up in SQ (though I really don't need the extra power yet, the X1 is plenty powerful itself). You may want to look into the FiiO M3 too, it's less powerful and AFAIK has less features, but it's even cheaper and I'd assume SQ would still be very good.

Yeah, im considering the e11k. But im planning  to get a better iem first because I only have brainwavz m4 and the sr80e for home. 

Sep 20, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #6,291 of 7,793
Does anyone know if the X1's internal DAC can be bypassed via connection thru the USB port? I own an Ipod classic which only handles mp3. Ive got the GO V2+ coming(eventually) and just need a DAP that can handle higher res music files and let the GO take care of the rest. Is this possible?

Sep 20, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #6,292 of 7,793
Does anyone know if the X1's internal DAC can be bypassed via connection thru the USB port? I own an Ipod classic which only handles mp3. Ive got the GO V2+ coming(eventually) and just need a DAP that can handle higher res music files and let the GO take care of the rest. Is this possible?

Not with the X1. You would need a digital out (either coaxial or optical) to use a separate dac/amp. The X3, X5 have a coax digital out that works well. The USB on these players is always an input, can't be used to output anything audio wise.

Cheers,
K

Sep 20, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #6,293 of 7,793
Much appreciated! My search continues!

Sep 21, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #6,294 of 7,793
Not with the X1. You would need a digital out (either coaxial or optical) to use a separate dac/amp. The X3, X5 have a coax digital out that works well. The USB on these players is always an input, can't be used to output anything audio wise.

Cheers,
K

Wondering why a USB from a computer does input and output but it's different on a DAP. Is that the same then for a smartphones USB port? Anyone know of relatively inexpensive DAPs that have optical/coax outs? I am assuming that the coax out on the X3 completely bypasses it's internal DAC?

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #6,296 of 7,793
  Is there a way to quickly change the output from headphone to line-out and vice versa? instead of always going into the settings because I use the X1 in my car and also for IEM

+1 Me too would like to konw

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #6,297 of 7,793
Haven't found a way to do it - so I think you're stuck with having to go into settings.

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #6,298 of 7,793
 I know for sure that if there was a fast way to switch, I would end up with 1,5v into my IEMs
eek.gif
at least once or twice, until pavlov would kick in and make me scared ****less of the DAP settings. ^_^
not that I don't understand you guys, it's clearly a bother for your usage. but safety come first IMO.

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #6,299 of 7,793
Is there a way to quickly change the output from headphone to line-out and vice versa? instead of always going into the settings because I use the X1 in my car and also for IEM

The quickest and cheapest way to use line out without going in to the settings menu with FiiO is to grab the X3ii.

Sorry, just had to..... :wink_face:

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #6,300 of 7,793
   I know for sure that if there was a fast way to switch, I would end up with 1,5v into my IEMs
eek.gif
at least once or twice, until pavlov would kick in and make me scared ****less of the DAP settings. ^_^
not that I don't understand you guys, it's clearly a bother for your usage. but safety come first IMO.

The wheel on my X1 has become very erratic. 

It has taken me as long as 4 minutes to successfully use the std menu system to change from (pre)AmpOut to LineOut or vice versa. Two minutes is typical. I dread having to make that switch, it's such a pain, because AFAIK you can't move up/down in the settings without using the wheel.

I would *LOVE* a work-around of some type. (But then again, if the wheel wasn't funky, it wouldn't be necessary.) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back