The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jun 3, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #5,851 of 7,793

Yep - it is.

I have 1.3 loaded.  Gapless turned on in the menu.

Just tested with following formats - using album Pink Floyd "The Wall":
  1. APE Lossless - working, seamless
  2. ALAC Lossless 96/24 - working, seamless
  3. ALAC Lossless 16/44.1 - working, seamless
  4. AIFF Lossless 16/44.1 - working seamless
  5. FLAC Lossless 16/44.1 - working, seamless

Like I said earlier aac256 lossy there is a small micropause between each track - so it's not 100% gapless.  It sounds like a tiny stutter.

I haven't checked MP3.

@Gunzzo - what format are your tracks, do you have gapless turned on in the menu, and are you actually listening to a gapless album.  I'mm sorry to have to ask the basic questions - but on my X1, it is definitely working. 

The problem appears with single Flac/Ape... albums with a cue sheet have a big gap between each track even with gapless switched on/off.

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #5,852 of 7,793
So split your FLAC or Ape files to individual tracks.  It works flawlessly then 
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #5,853 of 7,793
:xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 3, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #5,854 of 7,793
  The problem appears with single Flac/Ape... albums with a cue sheet have a big gap between each track even with gapless switched on/off.

I can also confirm this with both the X1 and X3 second gen.  Gapless works great with FLAC but is hit or miss with mp3 and has the "micro pause" with aac.  I am hoping this can get fixed.

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #5,855 of 7,793
I have a question regarding formatting a SanDisk 128GB micro SD card inside the player.

I am waiting for the FiiO X1 to arrive and read some comments from a YouTube reviewer that first (in a Mac in my case) you need to format the card to Fat32 in the computer itself, then paste in the latest firmware file and put the card into the X1. Then update by holding the power and upper left button (currently 1.3 or 1.4?) and finally take the card out and update back in the Mac to ExFat for 128GB for song loading.

So my specific question here is are all these steps in and out of the player really necessary? From what I read here and around the net is that you can simply format the 128GB in the X1 itself and load it up for happy listening when done!

But I also saw an earlier thread (2014) where a FiiO rep mentioned that once you get to firmware 1.3 it needs to be reformatted again.

True or did I misunderstand that last part?

Thanks in advance for reading my question and any help.

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #5,856 of 7,793
You should just be able to insert the card, go to the settings menu and choose format. No computer required. Now load your music and enjoy! :) This is the best way to use cards in a FiiO device without issue.

ExFAT won't allow you to update firmware and really is only necessary if you have files larger than 4gb (unlikely).

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #5,857 of 7,793
Awesome! Sounds great and easy so need to need to reformat again.

Now whatever firmware comes factory installed in the device, do you guys recommend updating that out of the box or is that not even necessary?

I don't even plan on using the playlist feature until they get that current 5,800 limit issue solved. I'm an album guy and all of my tags and titles are well organized so I'll go right to the folders.

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #5,858 of 7,793
  I have a question regarding formatting a SanDisk 128GB micro SD card inside the player.

I am waiting for the FiiO X1 to arrive and read some comments from a YouTube reviewer that first (in a Mac in my case) you need to format the card to Fat32 in the computer itself, then paste in the latest firmware file and put the card into the X1. Then update by holding the power and upper left button (currently 1.3 or 1.4?) and finally take the card out and update back in the Mac to ExFat for 128GB for song loading.

So my specific question here is are all these steps in and out of the player really necessary? From what I read here and around the net is that you can simply format the 128GB in the X1 itself and load it up for happy listening when done!

But I also saw an earlier thread (2014) where a FiiO rep mentioned that once you get to firmware 1.3 it needs to be reformatted again.

True or did I misunderstand that last part?

Thanks in advance for reading my question and any help.

If you're waiting for your X1 to come it'll probably come with firmware 1.4 already installed. It supports exFAT

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #5,863 of 7,793

Why return it rather than update it to 1.4?

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40422

Since 1.2, there has been 2 hardware revisions. 1.3 - Display change. 1.4 - RAM change. It's detailed on the FB page, you can scroll back. I got my pre-1.3 replaced to a 1.4 and I feel it's better. I made a post about it before, you can go back to see it.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #5,864 of 7,793
  Since 1.2, there has been 2 hardware revisions. 1.3 - Display change. 1.4 - RAM change. It's detailed on the FB page, you can scroll back. I got my pre-1.3 replaced to a 1.4 and I feel it's better. I made a post about it before, you can go back to see it.

I saw your post. How is it "better"? Please elaborate.

I'll ask again, if received a version below 1.3 then why wouldn't the 1.4 firmware I've linked above solve any possible issues?

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #5,865 of 7,793

Yes, they made hardware revisions, but the firmware (1.3, 1.4, etc.) is pure software. 1.3 does address some slight changes due to the different screen, but I can and do have 1.3 installed on my X1 purchased at launch. 1.4 is to address changes due to the new RAM and I can install it on my X1 purchased at launch (I haven't due to it not having any other changes).

So telling people to return their X1 if it comes with 1.2 isn't really good advice as they can just update it to the latest firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back