The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jun 1, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #5,836 of 7,793
Yes it has gapless playback.  Works seamlessly with FLAC.  Micro pause with aac.

Jun 2, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #5,839 of 7,793
Anyone know what players do have reverb settings besides s the cowons?

sony has some not so great "surround" effects, but you can't set reverb alone. to get anything as full of settings as cowon, you'll have to go for an android DAP and get some funky apps.

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #5,842 of 7,793
I recently got the FiiO X1 + FiiO E11k combo. I didn't know about the line out setting. I was double amping them for 2 days.
Can it damage the player or the E11k? I think the sound has become a bit harsh on the player or is it in my head?

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #5,843 of 7,793
  I recently got the FiiO X1 + FiiO E11k combo. I didn't know about the line out setting. I was double amping them for 2 days.
Can it damage the player or the E11k? I think the sound has become a bit harsh on the player or is it in my head?

the X1 wouldn't care, it might actually have an easier time than with some headphones. and the amp if it had any trouble that would be because the source was too loud. except the LO is about as loud as the HO maxed out and both are still below 2V if I remember right, which is some kind of standard.
so my opinion is, no, you can double amp as much as you like and nothing bad will happen.

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #5,844 of 7,793

the X1 wouldn't care, it might actually have an easier time than with some headphones. and the amp if it had any trouble that would be because the source was too loud. except the LO is about as loud as the HO maxed out and both are still below 2V if I remember right, which is some kind of standard.
so my opinion is, no, you can double amp as much as you like and nothing bad will happen.

Thanks for replying .
well, when I was using it with the DT 990, I set my E11K to max(high gain) and the FiiO X1 at 40% volume. Also, I tried vice versa.
Now when I tried the line out setting at high gain, It was too loud already at gain 4. Also, the SQ is clearer , less harsh on the E11k with line out setting. Compared to the E11k, X1 kinda sounds harsh. I hope nothing bad happened .

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #5,846 of 7,793
  Not working at firmware V1.3

Yep - it is.

I have 1.3 loaded.  Gapless turned on in the menu.

Just tested with following formats - using album Pink Floyd "The Wall":
  1. APE Lossless - working, seamless
  2. ALAC Lossless 96/24 - working, seamless
  3. ALAC Lossless 16/44.1 - working, seamless
  4. AIFF Lossless 16/44.1 - working seamless
  5. FLAC Lossless 16/44.1 - working, seamless

Like I said earlier aac256 lossy there is a small micropause between each track - so it's not 100% gapless.  It sounds like a tiny stutter.

I haven't checked MP3.

@Gunzzo - what format are your tracks, do you have gapless turned on in the menu, and are you actually listening to a gapless album.  I'mm sorry to have to ask the basic questions - but on my X1, it is definitely working. 

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #5,847 of 7,793
And I just checked with mp3 320kbps.  There is a really tiny bit of static, hardly noticeable, between the tracks I tested (definitely not as bad as the aac micropause).  So - for me anyway - gapless works pretty well.

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #5,848 of 7,793
Curious, do you need to update the media library for it to work on the X1?

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #5,849 of 7,793
I was just using folder mode.  Sorry - should have mentioned that earlier.

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #5,850 of 7,793
Battery has died again- was showing full charge yesterday, had been played for around two, maybe three hours after a full charge and reset. Switched off yesterday ( the 'see you' message came up). Just switched it on again and it's died - and it's half way through a different song than the one playing when it was turned off yesterday...? Any ideas?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back