The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 27, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #4,486 of 7,793
I would like to add a song to a playlist without having to play the song first. I have made 13 playlists using the X1 itself and patience is a must.

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #4,487 of 7,793

I have a question about making playlists and transferring them to the player. There are some instructions on the Fiio site about creating playlists using Foobar which I have done and copied it to the SD card. I then expected to go into the playlists section on the player and see it named there with all the tracks. All I can do is go into Browse Files, I see the playlist there but when I select it then try to play a track it says file not found. I like to have playlists, preferably named but it's not working how I expect it to.

I have tried to register for the forums to ask someone help but it says I am still not registered so I can't. Does anyone know if this is the only way to do it or am I missing something out. James, if you see this you might be able to advise me. 

Try this guide:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/734135/how-to-manually-create-playlists-for-the-x5

It's for the X5, but it should be relatively similar for the X1.

the poster in the link seems to have it all good.
@ Paul the 2 main ideas are to put your m3u at the root of the µSD to avoid relative path troubles. and to know that they will not appear on the playlist menu. it's a menu working only with playlists you will create with the DAP itself(and you can't name those).

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #4,489 of 7,793
Take it there is no queue function like on Poweramp on the X1?

Not really. the best you can do currently is add tracks to the favourites list as a sort of on-the-go playlist. 

I'm really holding out for a new firmware update. As much as I like the X1 it it is lacking in functionality for a DAP in 2015. 

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #4,491 of 7,793
In order to stream or download anything, the device needs to be able to connect to the Internet which the X11 can't do.

What you can do is download podcasts and transfer them to the X11 for later if you want.

Right. I know the X1 can't stream but some streaming services (like Rhapsody) allow downloading of the music to certain devices for offline listening. That's what I was after with the X1. I knew when I asked that the likelihood was small but you never know . . .

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #4,492 of 7,793
Looking for amp pairing suggestions with the x1. I'll be driving the hd650 and he400i.

Thanks and subbed...

Maybe e11k will be enough :)

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #4,493 of 7,793
Dumb question maybe, but worth a shot (you never know). Are there any streaming music services with a 'to go' option (i.e., like Rhapsody) that would work with the X1? Thanks!

Unfortunately not, but I think the X7 is planned to have wifi and may support streaming music services.
You can get the x3 and x5 to work as dacs with a connected ipad to play Spotify.
Those "to go" options usually require the player to support some form of digital rights management that prevents you from copying the music files and using them on another device. The Fiio players so far don't support DRM of Rhapsody or others.

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #4,495 of 7,793
  Thanks for your response. That's pretty much the way I understand things as well. I guess we're entering an era where the to go option is fading away and streaming will be what is left.

Maybe for mass market items, but I would suggest that many audiophiles- you know, the folks that want the best sound they can get- will be willing to spend a premium to get it.  Just as vinyl hasn't gone away.  If there's a market, someone will rush to fill the demand.

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #4,496 of 7,793
First, I'm new here, so hello everyone.

Second, are there any plans to add Last.fm scrobbling? It could just a ".scrobbler.log" file with a play history, similar to how Rockbox handles it. There are programs that can read these files and scrobble to Last.fm manually.

Each line in the file would correspond to one track. And each line would contain the following information:

Code:
[color=rgb(92, 94, 91)] - artist name - album name (optional) - track name - track position on album (optional) - song duration in seconds - rating (L if listened at least 50% or S if skipped) - unix timestamp when song started playing - MusicBrainz Track ID (optional)[/color]

More information can be found here http://www.audioscrobbler.net/wiki/Portable_Player_Logging

If this feature was implemented, I would cry of happiness. 

Finally, I apologize if this has been discussed, I searched the thread for "last.fm" but received no results.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #4,497 of 7,793
So I know the X1 has no internal memory, but do I need to get the MicroSD card and download the firmware before turning it on? Or can I turn it on, just having no music on it? I'll be getting it tomorrow and my MicroSD card the next day, so I'd like to see if I can play with it without breaking it.

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #4,498 of 7,793
  So I know the X1 has no internal memory, but do I need to get the MicroSD card and download the firmware before turning it on? Or can I turn it on, just having no music on it? I'll be getting it tomorrow and my MicroSD card the next day, so I'd like to see if I can play with it without breaking it.

You can turn it on. A version of the firmware is already installed. If anything, you may need to update it to the latest.

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #4,499 of 7,793
As he said, just turn it on and adjust settings if you like.  Make sure you format your card in it first (back up whatever you have on the card first, as it will be erased), using Settings>Format, before loading music on it.  Pretty hard to break it.  It's rare for them even to lock up. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #4,500 of 7,793
  As he said, just turn it on and adjust settings if you like.  Make sure you format your card in it first (back up whatever you have on the card first, as it will be erased), using Settings>Format, before loading music on it.  Pretty hard to break it.  It's rare for them even to lock up. 

Awesome thanks. Can anyone recommend a good way to format the card (FAT32 I believe?) on Windows XP? Whenever I try yo format anything, it only goes up to something like 2.81GB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back