The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 30, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #4,501 of 7,793
  Awesome thanks. Can anyone recommend a good way to format the card (FAT32 I believe?) on Windows XP? Whenever I try yo format anything, it only goes up to something like 2.81GB

As olddude said, you can format it using the X1. I personally used another software (can't remember the name right now) because when my card was formatted with the X1, my other player couldn't detect the card. Once I formatted it with the other software, it detected it and I can now use the same card in both players :p

But yea, if you just need it for your X1, you can just format it from the device.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #4,502 of 7,793

As olddude said, you can format it using the X1. I personally used another software (can't remember the name right now) because when my card was formatted with the X1, my other player couldn't detect the card. Once I formatted it with the other software, it detected it and I can now use the same card in both players :p

But yea, if you just need it for your X1, you can just format it from the device.

Oh that's awesome. Hopefully I'll have all m music on there and playing by Wednesday. Thanks for your help.

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #4,503 of 7,793

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #4,504 of 7,793
  Awesome thanks. Can anyone recommend a good way to format the card (FAT32 I believe?) on Windows XP? Whenever I try yo format anything, it only goes up to something like 2.81GB

"Make sure you format your card in it first"  That means format it IN the X1.  
wink_face.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #4,506 of 7,793
Sometimes people post that things don't work on their device and the first question usually is, "how did you format your card?"  

The nice thing is that it will name the card as well.  
smile.gif

Really

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #4,507 of 7,793
Sometimes people post that things don't work on their device and the first question usually is, "how did you format your card?"  

The nice thing is that it will name the card as well.  :smile:

Really

If i didn't follow your advice, i would have end up like that . this little player is really nice, i don't have any complaints actually, no bugs or anything. Perfect right now

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #4,511 of 7,793
I'm really tempted to get the X1...but not sure about the ease of use or whether it's really necessary for me - I listen to 320 mp3s. I have a few FLAC files but from my 'tests' I cannot for the life of me hear a difference between them. Will it play 320's better than an iPod?
I love my iPod Classic(s) - they're easy to use and add music too (yes, I like iTunes, I've tried other software).
I'd probably use the X1 with Shure 215's, or V Moda M80's, B & W P3's or...Solo 2's.
I like a player with lots of space so that I can have as much of my collection with me (in the car, on the go). So the expandable memory sounds good.
I don't need one an X1, but...I like FiiO, and I like gadgets.
So, do you good folks who have one think it's a good buy?! (I've read a lot and still maybe need that...push)
Thanks.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #4,512 of 7,793
Woo! Got the X1. Been playing with it. This thing is a tank. It came with firmware 1.2 (not on the website?), and mostly charged. I saw some complaints about the case not having a hole for the charging light, but mine has one. Everything looks great, very bright, easy to read and see. Can't wait until tomorrow, I get my MicroSD card and get to hear it!

Question: Can I get the 12 hours of battery life when having the screen off, but the player still on (the blue light still on)? Or should I turn it off between classes to help save a lot of battery life?

Question two: The idle poweroff means that it'll turn off if I don't press any buttons, correct? I thought I heard something about it turning off after the set time while music was playing.

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #4,513 of 7,793
With 320 files the battery will last longer than with higher-res files.  I'd turn it off as you will have some savings, though in sleep mode it may not be that much.  

It sounds better than an iPod.  but setting up files is different and if you REALLY like the iTunes structure it may be a shock to your system.  Playlists need to be created in a much different manner and there is a learning curve involved.  Many of us play using Album or Artist folders.  Do some research to see if that change of style would make you unhappy.

Sound-wise you WILL notice the difference.  And if you decide to go lossless, you will notice it even more.  

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #4,514 of 7,793
I'm really tempted to get the X1...but not sure about the ease of use or whether it's really necessary for me - I listen to 320 mp3s. I have a few FLAC files but from my 'tests' I cannot for the life of me hear a difference between them. Will it play 320's better than an iPod?
I love my iPod Classic(s) - they're easy to use and add music too (yes, I like iTunes, I've tried other software).
I'd probably use the X1 with Shure 215's, or V Moda M80's, B & W P3's or...Solo 2's.
I like a player with lots of space so that I can have as much of my collection with me (in the car, on the go). So the expandable memory sounds good.
I don't need one an X1, but...I like FiiO, and I like gadgets.
So, do you good folks who have one think it's a good buy?! (I've read a lot and still maybe need that...push)
Thanks.

I also listen to mainly 320kbs, and i can tell you, this thing is amazing. It sounds really good for the price. Its smaller than an ipod, which makes it more comfortable to travel with. The amp is pretty good and the DAC is better than an ipod and slightly better than a MacBook pro . if you only play 320kbs files, you will still appreciate the amp and soundquality. As olddude metioned, i hope you like making files. You can make lots of files or maybe a few. For example, you can organize it in Music>Artists>albums>CD#>song. I just put the album files, but its tour decision.

Edit: im also a proud M-80 ow er, and let me tell you, they sound amazing. I have both M-80 and M-100 and they sound really good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back