The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #4,471 of 7,793
  Dumb question maybe, but worth a shot (you never know). Are there any streaming music services with a 'to go' option (i.e., like Rhapsody) that would work with the X1? Thanks!

Sorry not

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 27, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #4,472 of 7,793
Dear all, so I'm unable to power up my X1 today. It was working fine yesterday evening. When i plug in my TF10, i can hear plugging in sound (there is power output from the 3.5mm port) Any advice / suggestions?

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #4,473 of 7,793
Dear all, so I'm unable to power up my X1 today. It was working fine yesterday evening. When i plug in my TF10, i can hear plugging in sound (there is power output from the 3.5mm port) Any advice / suggestions?

Try pressing the reset button for a few seconds between the volume up and power button.

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #4,474 of 7,793
Dumb question maybe, but worth a shot (you never know). Are there any streaming music services with a 'to go' option (i.e., like Rhapsody) that would work with the X1? Thanks!

In order to stream or download anything, the device needs to be able to connect to the Internet which the X11 can't do.

What you can do is download podcasts and transfer them to the X11 for later if you want.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #4,476 of 7,793
  How to transfer album covers to the X1? I wasn't able to get my X1 to transfer them with the music files, at least the player doesn't show them.

Download a program called MP3Tag (free) and embed the album art onto the files you want.

Google will have guides. 

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #4,477 of 7,793
How to transfer album covers to the X1? I wasn't able to get my X1 to transfer them with the music files, at least the player doesn't show them.

I always embedded the album cover using free software such as mp3tag or even foobar.
If all fails, rename the album cover as cover.jpg and store it in the same folder as all the songs of that particular album.
Also try to keep the size small, e.g. 300x300 pixels

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #4,478 of 7,793
Try pressing the reset button for a few seconds between the volume up and power button.

Great! All is well now. I was worried as I was rushing out of home today for an appointment, then I realized my X1 failed to boot. What made me worry more is that as I plug in my TF10s, I actually can hear static and slight hissing sound when inserting and removing my TF10 (a sign that there is power coming out of the 3.5mm port) which is normal on my daily usuage, but my screen failed to light up. I was more worried of a screen failure initially and slipped of my mind about the small reset button.

I'm glad everything is back to normal.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #4,479 of 7,793

What I did is simply add in the cover art file (JPEG or PNG format) into that particular music album folder. My X1 will display it automatically. I usually stick with 400x400 and no bigger than 600x600 cover art.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #4,480 of 7,793
Oh, thanks for the quick answer.

I used the Windows Media Player to import WAV-files. Is it better to use FLAC?
Mp3tag seems not to support WAV (haven't tried it yet).

Which program for FLAC is recommended?

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #4,481 of 7,793
On some players (can't recall which, I've been through a bunch) WAV did not display album art.

I embed my covers (in small format) in the files on a Mac using XLD.  mp3tag should work if you are on a PC (I believe it will do so even on the Mac version of that app).  On my X5, when I play DSD files I can't (easily and quickly) embed art so I just drop a small (300x300 or 400x400) image called front.jpg or thumb.jpg into the album folder and it works.  

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #4,483 of 7,793
I have a question about making playlists and transferring them to the player. There are some instructions on the Fiio site about creating playlists using Foobar which I have done and copied it to the SD card. I then expected to go into the playlists section on the player and see it named there with all the tracks. There are some "foobar.png" links that I think you are supposed to click on but they don't show on my computer and there isn't a link to click on so I can't see what's supposed to be happening. All I can do is go into Browse Files, I see the playlist there but when I select it then try to play a track it says file not found. I like to have playlists, preferably named but it's not working how I expect it to.

I have tried to register for the forums to ask someone help but it says I am still not registered so I can't. Does anyone know if this is the only way to do it or am I missing something out. James, if you see this you might be able to advise me. 

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #4,485 of 7,793
  I have a question about making playlists and transferring them to the player. There are some instructions on the Fiio site about creating playlists using Foobar which I have done and copied it to the SD card. I then expected to go into the playlists section on the player and see it named there with all the tracks. All I can do is go into Browse Files, I see the playlist there but when I select it then try to play a track it says file not found. I like to have playlists, preferably named but it's not working how I expect it to.

I have tried to register for the forums to ask someone help but it says I am still not registered so I can't. Does anyone know if this is the only way to do it or am I missing something out. James, if you see this you might be able to advise me. 

Try this guide:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/734135/how-to-manually-create-playlists-for-the-x5

It's for the X5, but it should be relatively similar for the X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back