The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #4,441 of 7,793
Like he says.  Format it in the device and then you won't have to come here when the card doesn't work and ask why.  
smile.gif

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #4,446 of 7,793
Looking forward to hearing your views

Give me an hour. Im not in home and, to me, using a mac is a pain (mac is not mine). Although some superficial first impresión
-The light that lits up whenever is charging/in use/fully charged is really cool. I don't know why it isn't implemented on other gadgets (i won't say other DAPs since this is my First serious DAP and i don't know if other have it)
- I have heard complaints about the scroll wheel. Not in my case. I know that for some people its weird that the wheel itself moves but i actually like it. Its also not oversensitive like some people say, or not to me
- Pics don't do it justice. This thing is gorgeuos. Its also a really cute device, way samller than i thought (this is a good thing).
- So far, im tweaking with the system, i havent try it yet, but there are some really cool features, like gapless playback. Since this is my first exposure to serious audio equipment, take what i say with a grain of salt
- as said above, my poor experience with audio equipment may damage my views. Though i admit that im able to tell the difference between hearing music on a phone and on a mac.
Im able to hear the difference in the DAC and Amp (clarity, distortion at high volumen, sound quality and volumen.) though i may not be able to express very well.
- All testing will be done with my new Vmoda M-100 and my trusty AD700 in files at 320kbs or in FLAC

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #4,447 of 7,793
Give me an hour. Im not in home and, to me, using a mac is a pain (mac is not mine). Although some superficial first impresión
-The light that lits up whenever is charging/in use/fully charged is really cool. I don't know why it isn't implemented on other gadgets (i won't say other DAPs since this is my First serious DAP and i don't know if other have it)
- I have heard complaints about the scroll wheel. Not in my case. I know that for some people its weird that the wheel itself moves but i actually like it. Its also not oversensitive like some people say, or not to me
- Pics don't do it justice. This thing is gorgeuos. Its also a really cute device, way samller than i thought (this is a good thing).
- So far, im tweaking with the system, i havent try it yet, but there are some really cool features, like gapless playback. Since this is my first exposure to serious audio equipment, take what i say with a grain of salt
- as said above, my poor experience with audio equipment may damage my views. Though i admit that im able to tell the difference between hearing music on a phone and on a mac.
Im able to hear the difference in the DAC and Amp (clarity, distortion at high volumen, sound quality and volumen.) though i may not be able to express very well.
- All testing will be done with my new Vmoda M-100 and my trusty AD700 in files at 320kbs or in FLAC

Thanks for your first impressions. Interesting reading.

I'm trying to decide between x1, x3 & x5. I want a digital out, so that may discount the x1 immediately even though the outside point is perfect for me.

I'm planning on connecting via my desktop Audio GD nfb15 using either usb, coaxial or optical and potentially also using a cayin c5 when not near my bedside.

Need to do some more reading.

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #4,448 of 7,793
  Thanks for your first impressions. Interesting reading.

I'm trying to decide between x1, x3 & x5. I want a digital out, so that may discount the x1 immediately even though the outside point is perfect for me.

I'm planning on connecting via my desktop Audio GD nfb15 using either usb, coaxial or optical and potentially also using a cayin c5 when not near my bedside.

Need to do some more reading.

In that case, no, this aren't for you. This is a very simple device, with only a mini-usb dock and a Line out/headphone out. Thats about it. Though one thing i note, is that, even whithout having tried it, it is really portable. As i said, its smaller than it looks on pictures. If you need a DAP for jogging or exercising, i recommend this (can't comment on X3/X5 though). I also forgot to mention im really happy with the accessories. It brings some nice stickers and a silicon skin. Most cellphones would need you to buy these, but not with the FiiO. Although i was dissapointed to not see an AC adapter, just the USB cable, that was kind of a let down.

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #4,449 of 7,793
  In that case, no, this aren't for you. This is a very simple device, with only a mini-usb dock and a Line out/headphone out. Thats about it. Though one thing i note, is that, even whithout having tried it, it is really portable. As i said, its smaller than it looks on pictures. If you need a DAP for jogging or exercising, i recommend this (can't comment on X3/X5 though). I also forgot to mention im really happy with the accessories. It brings some nice stickers and a silicon skin. Most cellphones would need you to buy these, but not with the FiiO. Although i was dissapointed to not see an AC adapter, just the USB cable, that was kind of a let down.

OK thx, shame I like the look of x1 esp at this price.

X3+ cayin c5 it is then I think. X5 I think just too much really considering I've got my nfb15. Time to start reading on how the x3 & c5 could compliment one another..

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #4,450 of 7,793
  OK thx, shame I like the look of x1 esp at this price.

X3+ cayin c5 it is then I think. X5 I think just too much really considering I've got my nfb15. Time to start reading on how the x3 & c5 could compliment one another..

always remember that, when picking dedicated source components and amps, think about your headphones. Whats their impedance? Do i need a powerful amp or a common mild amp is ok? What sound signature do i want?  after that you think about the secondary stuff. How much memory do i need? do i need this many outputs/inputs? are this extra features what i want/need?

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #4,451 of 7,793
  always remember that, when picking dedicated source components and amps, think about your headphones. Whats their impedance? Do i need a powerful amp or a common mild amp is ok? What sound signature do i want?  after that you think about the secondary stuff. How much memory do i need? do i need this many outputs/inputs? are this extra features what i want/need?

thanks, I'm really happy with my nfb15 with alpha primes I won't be upgrading desktop setup for years.

My alpha prime headphones sound great with my nfb15, and it's the dark/neutral-dark sound I like to stop fatigue. The fiio E17 wasn't powerful enough. My phones are 50 ohm. I'll need up to 100gb ish capacity. Either usb, coax or optical out of the dap.

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #4,452 of 7,793
  thanks, I'm really happy with my nfb15 with alpha primes I won't be upgrading desktop setup for years.

My alpha prime headphones sound great with my nfb15, and it's the dark/neutral-dark sound I like to stop fatigue. The fiio E17 wasn't powerful enough. My phones are 50 ohm. I'll need up to 100gb ish capacity. Either usb, coax or optical out of the dap.

well, i don't own neither X3 nor X5, but X5 has a really powerful amp (some use E12 with it, which can also send a lot of power). This is all i can help you with though

P.D: thats a really nice desktop setup

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #4,453 of 7,793
  well, i don't own neither X3 nor X5, but X5 has a really powerful amp (some use E12 with it, which can also send a lot of power). This is all i can help you with though

ok thanks for your advice I'll have a think about it over next few days.

Ah thanks yeah I'm delighted with my desktop :)

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #4,454 of 7,793

X5 isn't powerful enough. The e12 is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back