The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 30, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #4,516 of 7,793
  I'm really tempted to get the X1...but not sure about the ease of use or whether it's really necessary for me - I listen to 320 mp3s. I have a few FLAC files but from my 'tests' I cannot for the life of me hear a difference between them. Will it play 320's better than an iPod?
I love my iPod Classic(s) - they're easy to use and add music too (yes, I like iTunes, I've tried other software).
I'd probably use the X1 with Shure 215's, or V Moda M80's, B & W P3's or...Solo 2's.
I like a player with lots of space so that I can have as much of my collection with me (in the car, on the go). So the expandable memory sounds good.
I don't need one an X1, but...I like FiiO, and I like gadgets.
So, do you good folks who have one think it's a good buy?! (I've read a lot and still maybe need that...push)
Thanks.

I can probably help you there.  I have both the X5 and X1 - as well as my 16Gb iPhone 5S.  My personal level of transparency (abx tested) is around aac256.  I use FLAC with the X5 because I can. With the X1 all of my files are aac256 (transcoded by me and all from same CD rips as I have on the X5).

The X1 does have a slightly warm sound - but I still use it in preference to my iPhone as the amp section is slightly more powerful, but more importantly, with a 64Gb card, I currently have a little over 400 albums on it (ie my full collection).  Form factor and UI are both very good.  UI is not as good as Apples - but really speaking, who's is?  For $100 I personally I can't think of a better player out there for my needs. Whilst the X5 is still my main player of choice, I find myself using the X1 more and more - especially for when I want to go ultra-portable (player and IEMs).  I have absolutely no regrets buying it.

And if you want a very small stack that won't break the bank, and will give you more power if you own any cans requiring it ........ X1 + E11K + HS12 + L17 ........

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #4,520 of 7,793
I bought 3rd party from Amazon with no issues from this place in the US:  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/node/index.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A364KLI3BZY8MZ&merchant=A364KLI3BZY8MZ&redirect=true

Scroll down to see it.

If you have Prime, it's 2-day shipping.

How long since you ordered?  And keep in mind it's the holidays and things get slowed up.  

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #4,521 of 7,793
I bought 3rd party from Amazon with no issues from this place in the US:  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/node/index.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A364KLI3BZY8MZ&merchant=A364KLI3BZY8MZ&redirect=true

Scroll down to see it.

If you have Prime, it's 2-day shipping.

How long since you ordered?  And keep in mind it's the holidays and things get slowed up.  

I ordered on the 26th my aggravation is that I paid extra for shipping to account for delays. I guess it's partly my fault for salavating too much about the gold X1 lol.

EDIT: just double checked my order and it said I chose free shipping..

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #4,522 of 7,793
Free=Not Fast 
mad.gif

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #4,523 of 7,793
I can probably help you there.  I have both the X5 and X1 - as well as my 16Gb iPhone 5S.  My personal level of transparency (abx tested) is around aac256.  I use FLAC with the X5 because I can. With the X1 all of my files are aac256 (transcoded by me and all from same CD rips as I have on the X5).

The X1 does have a slightly warm sound - but I still use it in preference to my iPhone as the amp section is slightly more powerful, but more importantly, with a 64Gb card, I currently have a little over 400 albums on it (ie my full collection).  Form factor and UI are both very good.  UI is not as good as Apples - but really speaking, who's is?  For $100 I personally I can't think of a better player out there for my needs. Whilst the X5 is still my main player of choice, I find myself using the X1 more and more - especially for when I want to go ultra-portable (player and IEMs).  I have absolutely no regrets buying it.

And if you want a very small stack that won't break the bank, and will give you more power if you own any cans requiring it ........ X1 + E11K + HS12 + L17 ........

Compaired to my X5+E12DIY stack, that really looks too dang cute.

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #4,524 of 7,793
Compaired to my X5+E12DIY stack, that really looks too dang cute.

The X1 is pretty small. I got mine today and it's smaller than I imagined, but for me, it's a great size. It's not huge/too big to fit well in a pocket, but it isn't tiny like a Clip Zip, where the screen is small and hard to read. Build quality is just out of this world though.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #4,525 of 7,793
Just got my X1 today paired it with Fiio E07k and Shure SRH840 with WAV files. Just listened to Guns N Roses with the live Orchestra, Foo Fighters Live, It sound great I wish the Shures weren't so big I would were them out but there for Studio monitoring anyway. I love the way the SRH840 sounds any suggestions on any portable over the ears with a similar sound signature.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #4,527 of 7,793
Exactly so. Amazon refund instantly if the goods don't arrive then, with no fuss. I have had goods gone missing and Amazon check first that the order is fulfilled by them before they do anything. They are extremely good about it as well.

Dec 31, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #4,528 of 7,793
Exactly so. Amazon refund instantly if the goods don't arrive then, with no fuss. I have had goods gone missing and Amazon check first that the order is fulfilled by them before they do anything. They are extremely good about it as well.

+10.....excellent CS post sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back