The Everything MOD Gallery!
Jan 5, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #213 of 247
Good from what I was hearing earlier. I read somewhere that a mod always sounds good the first day, we will see tomorrow then. Haha

I really need to get a 9v battery so I can use this Phantom mic BMF made for me so I can record FR graphs.

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #214 of 247
Good from what I was hearing earlier. I read somewhere that a mod always sounds good the first day, we will see tomorrow then. Haha

I really need to get a 9v battery so I can use this Phantom mic BMF made for me so I can record FR graphs.

I'd love to see graphs on your mods. Like before, each seperate mod and the end result.

How do the 5k's compare to the ms2k's ?

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #215 of 247
More bass, more forward mids and the highs are a little sharper. That's the only thing I might want to tame a bit. The stage isn't quite as big but you'd expect that from a closed headphone.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #217 of 247
I rarely, if ever, see a thread or a post on the DT250's. So I've started with tightening the seal between the plate which the pads wrap around, to the headphones.

Using some rattlematt (dynamat, car dampening sheets etc..) and a small screwdriver, I used the driver enclosure and the pads to trace a template on the rattlematt, and stuck the resulting shape on the "ear side" of the driver enclosure.

This resulted in improved sound isolation, and has consequently ramped up the low frequencies to a level I never imagined these headphones to be capable of.

I might get some lead strips to weigh down the drivers a bit, and tone down this newly awakened bass monster.

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #219 of 247
Do you have any pictures of the internals? I've toyed around with the idea of buying these and slapping a 4 pin Lemo on one side like I did with my T70's I'm wondering if they're similar internally.

Quote:
  Finally have and am keeping a T90. I put a 4 pin mini xlr on it which is balanced. I will eventually be installing a 4 pin mini xlr on the other cup as well so they can be dual entry balanced or single sided balanced. I also have a single sided 3.5mm-4pin mini xlr adapter I made to use with mini-mini cables AND my V-Moda Boom Pro mic cable. 

Adapter

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #220 of 247

I don't have any pictures of the internals and the T90 is packed to go to a meet tomorrow, so I'll have to take some later. They are the same as the T70 on the inside, aside from the backs of the cups being semi-open.

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #221 of 247
Do you have any pictures of the internals? I've toyed around with the idea of buying these and slapping a 4 pin Lemo on one side like I did with my T70's I'm wondering if they're similar internally.

They should be similar enough.  There's a few pics in the T90 thread, like this one.

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #224 of 247
Not pretty... It's on the inside...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back