The Etymotics HF5 Thread
Nov 21, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #91 of 567
Thanks alot for these comparisons!!!

I'm really looking for the analytical and flat sound of the ER4, for working with my phones in soundproduction. So you'd say its perhaps more the attributes of RE0?

Also I'd like to add, since this is my first posting here, this seems to be a wonderful forum!
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #92 of 567
I would go with Etymotics if you are looking for flat sound. They are flatter than the RE0s, but not as revealing.
The problem with the RE0 is that I have moved on. I thought I could find satisfaction in how they present the sound, however, I didn't think that they would sound so extremely thin, if not paired properly with an amp. So now I am a happy owner of the HF5, they are awesome!

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #93 of 567
How does the H5 compare to their big brother (sister) -Er4p? Warmer- more bass- less bass -- Ect.

Thanks.

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #96 of 567
Nearly identical since they use the same drivers and same housing shape. ER4P has a bit higher impedance so it benefits more from amping.

No amp: Go with HF5
With amp: Go with ER4P

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #98 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Puzzled by the lack of popularity of the HF5s.

I agree but it just shows how important bass and a "fullness of sound" is to most people. Great IEM for the price. Probably better than ER4P unamped.

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #99 of 567
hi ,

well i have been blasting musik through my HF5's and really notices how awesome they truly sound. i also have a pair of grado's for listening at the desk but now a days rarely use them ! the ety's are very crisp, have a nice midrange and adequate low end according to me. the bass is tight, and i like it ! only issues are with the sound stage which i feel is pretty small and the amount of bass which these IEM's have.

i have been only using them for the past 1 week, and am satisfied with the way they sound . will be putting up a short review once my SA-6 arrives
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #100 of 567
Good call Spyro, it's too bad most people are used to a colored bass response.

I would take accurate bass over bass that interferes with the rest of the of the spectrum even though it might make things sound cold in the process.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #101 of 567
Since it seems these hf5 are often favorably compared to the er4p, how would the hf5 compare with the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10?
which at the latest sale price is actually less than the hf5.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #104 of 567
I'm sure lots will think otherwise and prefer the HF5s over the triplefis because the only stronger point I could think of of the TF10s is the bass.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #105 of 567
I was very interested in these, until last week. In fact I tried to get some feedback for these vs. the UE 700 to no avail.

Anyway, moot point now that I have some TF10s on their way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back