The Etymotics HF5 Thread
Jan 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #122 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of the HF2/HF5, has anyone tried them with the Comply Foam T-100 or Tx-100 ear tips? I know that with the T-500 eartips, I was finally able to get a decent ear fit with my Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio IEMs.

I tried them with the T100, but I found I preferred the stock triflange tips for deeper insertion.

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #123 of 567
Jan 2, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #124 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by ksu06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried them with the T100, but I found I preferred the stock triflange tips for deeper insertion.

You have to be careful because the Comply Foam T-100/Tx-100 ear tips comes in three different sizes. As such, the different size ear tips could dramatically affect the sound quality.

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #126 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bezzare /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't decide between these or Westone 1...

Could you order both, compare, report back, and then return the less desirable option? That'd be very helpful for other folks around here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #128 of 567
What tips are best for reducing sibilance? I'm using the large tri-flanges right now, but I'm guessing that Shure Olives would be better all-around??? Unfortunately, I ruined my old olives so that I could try 'em on another set of IEMs.

Thoughts?

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #129 of 567
guys, i really cant decide whether to take this hf5 or get some more money and buy er4p instead, help me!!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #130 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiroa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys, i really cant decide whether to take this hf5 or get some more money and buy er4p instead, help me!!!
biggrin.gif

From what you read on Etymotic's website, the HF5s and the ER4Ps are very similar in sound signature, with the HF5s having a tad more low-end. The ER4Ps are "matched", but I don't know how discernible that is.

Don't think you will go wrong either way.

Feb 22, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #131 of 567
Feb 22, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #132 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by yipcanjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What tips are best for reducing sibilance? I'm using the large tri-flanges right now, but I'm guessing that Shure Olives would be better all-around??? Unfortunately, I ruined my old olives so that I could try 'em on another set of IEMs.

Thoughts?

Shure Olives sucked for me, I went with the stock dark gray foamies, great comfort and smooth sound overall.

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #134 of 567
Morning all,

I bought some HF5s after spending all day yesterday deliberating, and I'm very impressed so far. Much more dynamic and detailed than my Shure SE102s, with much less harshness.

I couldn't get either of the pointy flanged end bits (for want of a better description) to seal properly in my ears so I used the included foam ones, with success I think! Can spares be bought?

Will give them a proper listen later after work, but I believe my portable arsenal is complete
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #135 of 567
Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Morning all,

I bought some HF5s after spending all day yesterday deliberating, and I'm very impressed so far. Much more dynamic and detailed than my Shure SE102s, with much less harshness.

I couldn't get either of the pointy flanged end bits (for want of a better description) to seal properly in my ears so I used the included foam ones, with success I think! Can spares be bought?

Will give them a proper listen later after work, but I believe my portable arsenal is complete
smily_headphones1.gif

I've said before too
biggrin.gif

I see your over 'ere - spares can be bought from hifiheadphones.co.uk - very good service and sell ety and many other accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back