The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Jan 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #2,866 of 3,155
Hey, I have a problem... my laptop lenovo y50 has problems with rare devicec like mine dx90 and icd sony recorder from Japan... Im with Windows 8 and it just cannot read the internal memory to put the img file with the FW there. The firmware cannot be read from the SD unfortunately. What to do? Do somebody have the driver for Win8 to send it to me?

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #2,867 of 3,155
Hey, I have a problem... my laptop lenovo y50 has problems with rare devicec like mine dx90 and icd sony recorder from Japan... Im with Windows 8 and it just cannot read the internal memory to put the img file with the FW there. The firmware cannot be read from the SD unfortunately. What to do? Do somebody have the driver for Win8 to send it to me?

have you updated it before? Did you follow the instructions, there should not be any issues. I have a Lenovo G50 and used that for the update with no issues but it is running Windows 10 and I used the Lurker FW from the 1st page of this thread, so I guess im not in the same boat as you. Did you try it from iBasso website or a mirrored one from the 1st page? Also, if you have not done so in the past you should try @lurker0 fw updates they are better anyways.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #2,868 of 3,155

have you updated it before? Did you follow the instructions, there should not be any issues. I have a Lenovo G50 and used that for the update with no issues but it is running Windows 10 and I used the Lurker FW from the 1st page of this thread, so I guess im not in the same boat as you. Did you try it from iBasso website or a mirrored one from the 1st page? Also, if you have not done so in the past you should try @lurker0 fw updates they are better anyways.

Im downloading now the lurkers one from github.com. But the main problem is that I cannot connect mine Ibasso with the Lenovo Y50 at all. If its possible to put the firmware on the SD card and then it will be ok. btw: What are the differences between Astell and Kerns Jrs and DX90? I see you own both.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #2,869 of 3,155
If its possible to put the firmware on the SD card and then it will be ok.
It is possible to flash a firmware from FAT32 formatted microSD card via recovery console.

To enter the recovery console, press and hold Vol+ button while power on the device. In the console, use Vol+/- to navigate the menu, Power to select an item.

But it is not good that Windows 8 does not see your DX90. It should not require special drivers! Be sure you have set Storage in the USB settings.

The cause of the problem might be that you formatted DX90 internal storage under Windows. Then flashing any official firmware using Batch Tools would help.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #2,872 of 3,155
Thank YOU A LOT! I totally forgot that the iBasso has settings for the USB! Now everything is ok. I even cant remember when I putted it on charge only... anyway... THANK YOU! Ill try the Lurker edition right now for the first time! Is there any option for deleting tracks in that FW? Maybe the only thing I really dont like is that when I listen to some song and I see I dont like that song I cannot delete it but only trough my computer.

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #2,873 of 3,155
  After seeing a new Firmware this morning (2.4.0) for the 90 I tried it out and I must say to my ears its like a new better sounding device. I bought mine several months back and it had 2.15 on it which I updated to the latest at that time in the 2.3 version. I felt like the 2.15 sounded more open and airy sounding so I went back to it, my original firmware. 
 This latest update sounds superb to me, much better than any I've tried before, so I'm keeping it.  I'd love to hear what others who have updated to 2.4 think?? 

Frankly I'm amazed at the difference, I listened to it for 4 hrs. straight this morning after updating, everything sounded better and I just didn't want to stop listening.
Happy New Year folks!!! by the way.....

I agree: I like the sound better than 2.3

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #2,874 of 3,155
  Is there any option for deleting tracks in that FW?

If you select what to play via Directory browser, then - no. But if you select tracks via Artist or Album browsers, then tap to an icon left to the album/track name pops up a menu with Delete item.

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #2,875 of 3,155

I agree: I like the sound better than 2.3

I didn't like 2.4 at 1st but am trying it again and liking....brain burn-in perhaps?
etysmile.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #2,877 of 3,155
Problem with 2.4 is clicking for OSX and iOS. Basically unusable for anyone that uses dac for Apple, because of the clicks and noises.

I noticed this the other day and have the software team looking into it.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 20, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #2,878 of 3,155
  Im downloading now the lurkers one from github.com. But the main problem is that I cannot connect mine Ibasso with the Lenovo Y50 at all. If its possible to put the firmware on the SD card and then it will be ok. btw: What are the differences between Astell and Kerns Jrs and DX90? I see you own both.

Im glad you got it to work. 

As for the Jr. vs. DX90, they are both great but I really like having at least one player with a Wolfson DAC, I did have the DX50 but the Jr.to me is by far better sounding, and way smaller and lighter. All the DAPs i have now are keepers, I would not part with any of them.

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #2,880 of 3,155
Thank YOU A LOT! I totally forgot that the iBasso has settings for the USB! Now everything is ok. I even cant remember when I putted it on charge only... anyway... THANK YOU! Ill try the Lurker edition right now for the first time! Is there any option for deleting tracks in that FW? Maybe the only thing I really dont like is that when I listen to some song and I see I dont like that song I cannot delete it but only trough my computer.

Hello everybody,

I'm looking to buy an Ibasso, and i am deciding between:
-dx50 because it's the cheapest;
-dx80 because of its design;
-dx90 because it's the newest model.

what would you guys say are the main differences between them?

I decided to look into these players because i wish to have a portable amp&dac, and because the laptop that I'm using has an insufferable, deafening hiss. Curiously it's the same laptop [Lenovo y50] as the guy I'm quoting.
So I ask you too, how is the audio out of the Lenovo y50, then ibasso?

So I'm looking to know if the players have any distortion, and I'm using the AKG K545 and Shure SE315 IEMS, which are extremely sensitive, and I hate any kind of distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back