The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Jan 15, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #2,854 of 3,155

For my ears and use it is. It sounds even more wide and open, the charge icon bug is fixed. With some music now I really prefer the DX90 over the DX80. Dont know if the delay when using as a DAC is solved.

It won't be fixed. The team did not buid the DX90 with such a feature.

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #2,856 of 3,155
I updated mine but went with the Lurker version. So far Impresses, its seems to be more responsive. Hard to tell if there are in any sonic changes as i hardly listen to this player but, I have big plans for it. Im considering pairing it with the MoJo and going OTG with a 512gb card. Now that, would would be a, to me, end all. I absolutely love the MoJo and the portability features of the 90. The 90 is my gym/chore player but soon that may be my AK Jr. if I get the aforementioned rig.

Jan 15, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #2,859 of 3,155

Why OTG and not SD->microSD adapter?

i was thinking it may be more rigid. doesnt the mSD adapter stick way out?
The hard part that goes into the slot is usually some millimeters longer than a card, but can be cut off with easy. The result looks much better and robust IMHO than an OTG cable or a cardrider.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #2,862 of 3,155
After seeing a new Firmware this morning (2.4.0) for the 90 I tried it out and I must say to my ears its like a new better sounding device. I bought mine several months back and it had 2.15 on it which I updated to the latest at that time in the 2.3 version. I felt like the 2.15 sounded more open and airy sounding so I went back to it, my original firmware. 
 This latest update sounds superb to me, much better than any I've tried before, so I'm keeping it.  I'd love to hear what others who have updated to 2.4 think?? 

Frankly I'm amazed at the difference, I listened to it for 4 hrs. straight this morning after updating, everything sounded better and I just didn't want to stop listening.
Happy New Year folks!!! by the way.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back