The Drinking Fountain - Full-Size Headphone Discussion
Jan 12, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #166 of 566
The SASH looks cool, too bad they don't have a normal payment processor or I'd grab a pair.
To bad for them (actually he) that their neighbour decided to invade their homes and destroy any form of life they might have had including western payment options like the thieves called PayPal. Wise is widely known (outside of $ country) but yeah, it sucks.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #167 of 566
To bad for them (actually he) that their neighbour decided to invade their homes and destroy any form life they might have had including western payment options like the thieves called PayPal. Wise is widely known (outside of $ country) but yeah, it sucks.
Indeed. I wanted to support him, not sure I still have a Wise account. And yes, F Paypal.

Jan 13, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #168 of 566
Alright, since I'm up early, today's poll is: What do you value most from headphones? Your answer can be anything, but just to give you a few ideas: Comfort, Clarity, Detail, Vocals, Strings, Mids, Bass, Highs, Price, Accessibility, Cable Connections, Portability, Noise Isolation, Quality, etc.

For me it's the entire mid-range, but with some really good bass and non-fatiguing highs that I can still hear. Oh, and comfort. All of that should come with a reasonable price :beyersmile:

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #169 of 566
Personally, I value a warm, silky mid-range and smooth treble. Bass should be tight, solid with slam, but not overbearing. Should be part of the greater whole.

Leo

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #170 of 566
Alright, since I'm up early, today's poll is: What do you value most from headphones? Your answer can be anything, but just to give you a few ideas: Comfort, Clarity, Detail, Vocals, Strings, Mids, Bass, Highs, Price, Accessibility, Cable Connections, Portability, Noise Isolation, Quality, etc.

For me it's the entire mid-range, but with some really good bass and non-fatiguing highs that I can still hear. Oh, and comfort. All of that should come with a reasonable price :beyersmile:
1. “CONVENIENCE” by far, which is a bit of a cheater answer because encompasses a lot of qualities.:
- initial cost and maintenance
- comfort
- portability
- amp requirements
- eq requirements
- noise isolation

2. Tone
3. Bass quality

After those three its all icing on the cake.

Which of my headphones meets top 3 requirements the best? Porta Pro. But Grado (F-pads) meets all three plus more the best overall.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #171 of 566
1. “CONVENIENCE” by far, which is a bit of a cheater answer because encompasses a lot of qualities.:
- initial cost and maintenance
- comfort
- portability
- amp requirements
- eq requirements
- noise isolation

2. Tone
3. Bass quality

After those three its all icing on the cake.

Which of my headphones meets top 3 requirements the best? Porta Pro. But Grado (F-pads) meets all three plus more the best overall.
Heck yes Porta Pro haha. Bathys technically meets those requirements for me. Then again, so does the Aurvana Ace 2

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #172 of 566

Imaging and sound stage size and detail, alongside a neutral-ish tonal balance with the ability to play deep bass.

I think comfort is also a high priority for me, but I actually haven't run into a set that did not sit well on my head, yet. So it's not something I focus a lot on.

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #173 of 566
Imaging and sound stage size and detail, alongside a neutral-ish tonal balance with the ability to play deep bass.

I think comfort is also a high priority for me, but I actually haven't run into a set that did not sit well on my head, yet. So it's not something I focus a lot on.
Try the Rosson RAD-0 without the headstrap mod. Rough

Jan 14, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #174 of 566
Alright, today's poll:
If money was no object, what headphones would you buy on the spot today?

My answer: Hifiman Shangri-la Jr., DCA Corina, ZMF Caldera, Stax SR-X9000/SR-007, DCA E3, and the Modhouse Tungsten

Jan 14, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #175 of 566
Alright, today's poll:

My answer: Hifiman Shangri-la Jr., DCA Corina, ZMF Caldera, Stax SR-X9000/SR-007, DCA E3, and the Modhouse Tungsten
HE-1

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #177 of 566
Alright, today's poll:

I would like to get a set of closed backs, so most likely the DCA E3 or ZMF closed.

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #178 of 566
I would like to get a set of closed backs, so most likely the DCA E3 or ZMF closed.
I have a JM Audio XTC2.5 EXT LE closed-back set coming in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, it's as good as I expect it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back