THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Aug 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #2,945 of 3,874
This isn't exactly DIY but my Lezyne track pump has other uses...

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #2,946 of 3,874
Still needs a lot of work, but the general pieces are formed for my stand. Looks kind of like a nice cream sandwich, but I'm pretty proud of it! Here's hoping with some more sanding, stain, and a finishing coat it'll look the way I'd like. It attaches to the metal clamp in the picture and serves the function of the Sennheiser HH-10.

Planning on using some light grey stain on the maple and then an oil finish. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

-M

That's a nice design.  The raised rims serve as locks / stoppers for the headband.  

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #2,947 of 3,874
A good one @zorrofox, never thought using track pumps as a headphone stand. 

I'm building one with an old HDD. Similar to this one:

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #2,949 of 3,874
Does anyone have a recommendation for a headphone "farm?"  I have about 12-15 headphones that I regularly use, and I have been looking for a way to wall mount them.  Attractive coat hook bars are one option... about four to six per unit, but they leave the headphones out to become dusty and wires to tangle.

A set of pigeonholes, like old-time desks had, but bigger, mounted on the wall might be ideal.  I am looking for plexiglass (clear looks less bulky and displays the headphones better), and it seems that 8" x 8" with 4" depth seems about right. 

Can't find any... current hope is to find a place that sells pre-cut plexiglass in 4" x 8" rectangles and build my own, gluing with acetone.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

(sort of like this, but no need for doors and not a full cube in depth, but half that)...

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #2,950 of 3,874
  Does anyone have a recommendation for a headphone "farm?"  I have about 12-15 headphones that I regularly use, and I have been looking for a way to wall mount them.  Attractive coat hook bars are one option... about four to six per unit, but they leave the headphones out to become dusty and wires to tangle.

A set of pigeonholes, like old-time desks had, but bigger, mounted on the wall might be ideal.  I am looking for plexiglass (clear looks less bulky and displays the headphones better), and it seems that 8" x 8" with 4" depth seems about right. 

Can't find any... current hope is to find a place that sells pre-cut plexiglass in 4" x 8" rectangles and build my own, gluing with acetone.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

(sort of like this, but no need for doors and not a full cube in depth, but half that)...

Try a google image search for shoe organiser or shoe rack it might turn up some options

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #2,952 of 3,874
  I don't need to build one i have these.........

Thanks for giving me this idea. I remember i had this similar stand as a gift and was never opened for 5 years! I will just ditch the bird that comes with it. lol 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #2,953 of 3,874
This thread is amazing, thanks for all the inspiration. After purchasing my HD 600s I wanted them to have a dedicate place to store them. They don't deserve it to be thrown on the table like I did before with my Superlux HD 681. Here is the result:

The materials I used are oak and copper pipes. It took quite some time get all those shapes because I underestimated the hardness of the oak. Nevertheless it was totally worth the effort. I really enjoy the fact that my cans now have an unique tray. Hope you also like it too.

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #2,954 of 3,874

I don't need to build one i have these.........

Thanks for giving me this idea. I remember i had this similar stand as a gift and was never opened for 5 years! I will just ditch the bird that comes with it. lol 
biggrin.gif

You can send me the bird.
biggrin.gif
 I did not think about the bird when i was making the stand.

Aug 20, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #2,955 of 3,874

Not DIY unless you count assembly, but Ikea has some decent options at reasonable prices...
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10275862/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11465/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back