THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD

  1. fatcat28037 Contributor
    let's add all future headphone stand creations to this one thread to make perusing easier.

    [​IMG]
     
  2. Blooze
    [​IMG]
     
  3. MrKazador
    [​IMG]

    Mexican Piggy bank head!
     
  4. tomb
    That's gorgeous, Blooze!
     
  5. gz76
    I don't have anywhere to DIY a stand these days. [​IMG]
     
  6. Blooze
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    That's gorgeous, Blooze!



    Thanks Tom!

    The purple has actually turned much darker color over the last couple of years as the wood has aged. Not quite so violet, so it maches the orange of the padauk better.
     
  7. fatcat28037 Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Blooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    [​IMG]



    That is gourgous......do you buy your wood online? if so where.

    The base on mine is Cedar, I just had some in my shop, but I'd like to build a few more with more exotic woods.
     
  8. krmathis Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Blooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    [​IMG]



    I like that one. [​IMG]
    Ok, maybe not the red colour. But definitely the shape of it...
     
  9. Blooze
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    That is gourgous......do you buy your wood online? if so where.

    The base on mine is Cedar, I just had some in my shop, but I'd like to build a few more with more exotic woods.





    I picked up a couple of 8' 1x6 boards of purpleheart and padauk in Kansas City several years ago at Woodcraft. Very reasonable $$$. They have an online store as well.



    Quote:

    Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I like that one. [​IMG]
    Ok, maybe not the red colour. But definitely the shape of it...




    It's really not red, that's just how the flash reacted on the pic. The purple is a dark purple and the padauk is actually a very deep orange. Much like these pics I found online. I need to take some better pics of it I guess.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  10. fatcat28037 Contributor
    man....ya' just gotta love pretty wood. We're seeing some very nice stuff on the thread. I'm working on a new double stand but it will take me awhile to post pics becauce I'm ordering Padauk.
     
  11. Plarzy
    I'm planning of fabricating one up at work from RV axle parts. When i get done, I'll post pics.
     
  12. biged
    Very, very nice Blooze.

    Ed
     
  13. Sovkiller
    My little contribution:

    [​IMG]
     
  14. Blooze
    Sovkiller-- Very Cool!!! is that glass or acrylic? I would love to make a headamp case using acrylic and copper for a p2p constructed amp.
     
  15. Sovkiller
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Blooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Sovkiller-- Very Cool!!! is that glass or acrylic? I would love to make a headamp case using acrylic and copper for a p2p constructed amp.



    3/8" glear glass, the base is a custom door handle...I'm working right now in a different model, with more round corners, and probalby thicker glass (1/2")
     

Share This Page