THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jul 24, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #2,913 of 3,874
This is "modded ketchup and mayo holder" :D 
So i found this random ketchup holder at home, ripped the cage from it, turned the botom plate and did some adittional work and I am very pleased with the result. 

Bottom plate turned upside down do hide the holes for the cage (also with rubber feet) 

The cage

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #2,914 of 3,874
That looks pretty good. Kudos.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #2,915 of 3,874
This is "modded ketchup and mayo holder" :D 
So i found this random ketchup holder at home, ripped the cage from it, turned the botom plate and did some adittional work and I am very pleased with the result. 

Bottom plate turned upside down do hide the holes for the cage (also with rubber feet) 

The cage

Great idea! Liking this so much. Will be making this!
Practicality at it's best! :)

At the moment ill settle for this!

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #2,916 of 3,874
Great idea! Liking this so much. Will be making this!
Practicality at it's best!
smily_headphones1.gif

At the moment ill settle for this!

I am really glad you like it :) I was trying to do some crazy curved wooden thing and when I gave up i found that holder and changed it to its current look in a few minutes. 

Also, your stand looks really good and kinda complicated :D I am not sure i get the way it works, could you post a little wider shot ? and is the black holder like pvc or metal ? 
It look totally awessome.

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #2,919 of 3,874
Whoops... I have to turn my PC monitor away from my headphones so they don't see how each headphone here has its own dwelling place, its own private suite of solitary splendor.  They would get JEALOUS and stop working!

Because mine live in a dormitory... a high rise of common shared stacked rows, befitting the headphone addict of limited space and means that I am.  The rack comes from a set of four TV trays...

Headphone High-Rise Dormitory (above) Made From TV Tray Stand (below).

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #2,920 of 3,874
(speaking to my Herd of Headphones):

"Oh, OK, guys,  you win. Individual accommodations for at least one of you to compete for...

"Here, see Joe's daughter, Retro Grado?....

"I will immortalize her intense involvement in the Grado PS500 shown in Your Very Own Headphone Home....

"NOW will you stop chanting "Home for Headphones" into my ears when I put you on and resume playing the MUSIC that you are fed?

"Thank You!"

(my DIY individualized stand for each headphone)

BOM (Bill of Materials):

Assemble.  Add headphone of your choice.  DONE!!!

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #2,921 of 3,874
  I am really glad you like it :) I was trying to do some crazy curved wooden thing and when I gave up i found that holder and changed it to its current look in a few minutes. 

Also, your stand looks really good and kinda complicated :D I am not sure i get the way it works, could you post a little wider shot ? and is the black holder like pvc or metal ? 
It look totally awessome.

It's my bed, one of it's legs :D

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #2,924 of 3,874
  1. enoyzzaj did you finally run out of tap handles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back