THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Apr 25, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #2,806 of 3,874

REPURPOSE FIRST GENERATION APPLETV INTO A HEADPHONE STAND

http://www.lifewithtech.net/blog/category/diy-repurpose-1st-gen-appletv

I don't know about you guys, but I have a few first generation AppleTv's lying around. I've used one in the past to make a shelf above my desk. Mainly to keep things like a mouse and SD cards off my desk. Today I decided to repurpose yet another one into a headphone stand.  I've done a DIY headphone stand in the past and was not crazy about the final verdict of the base I made so I will be reusing the Ikea parts of that and this AppleTv as the base.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #2,807 of 3,874

REPURPOSE FIRST GENERATION APPLETV INTO A HEADPHONE STAND

http://www.lifewithtech.net/blog/category/diy-repurpose-1st-gen-appletv

I don't know about you guys, but I have a few first generation AppleTv's lying around. I've used one in the past to make a shelf above my desk. Mainly to keep things like a mouse and SD cards off my desk. Today I decided to repurpose yet another one into a headphone stand.  I've done a DIY headphone stand in the past and was not crazy about the final verdict of the base I made so I will be reusing the Ikea parts of that and this AppleTv as the base.

Looks nice and neat excellent!
beerchug.gif

May 4, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #2,817 of 3,874
I got two 6 inch sections of weathered, removed teak handrail and I bought some miniature wrought iron shelf brackets.

Listening station view, I face a sliding glass door.

May 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #2,818 of 3,874
I've had some free time this weekend and took a little time out for headphone stands. A couple of new designs and improving a couple of my older ones. 

1) Waiting for a few meters of LED rope-lights to come in so I can finish this stand. As you can see the plexiglass has been fitted, so only the lighting is left: 

2) Paying homage to the headphone with a headphone shaped headphone stand (may end up changing the cable wrap a bit): 

3) Just added a cable wrap to the simplest of my designs: 

4) My 2nd headphone stand, but now with more precise tools the cuts are better and more accurate:

May 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #2,819 of 3,874
  I've had some free time this weekend and took a little time out for headphone stands. A couple of new designs and improving a couple of my older ones. 

1) Waiting for a few meters of LED rope-lights to come in so I can finish this stand. As you can see the plexiglass has been fitted, so only the lighting is left: 

2) Paying homage to the headphone with a headphone shaped headphone stand (may end up changing the cable wrap a bit): 

3) Just added a cable wrap to the simplest of my designs: 

4) My 2nd headphone stand, but now with more precise tools the cuts are better and more accurate:

Those are some absolutely well done and gorgeous stands. Do you by chance sell any..? :O

May 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #2,820 of 3,874
James,

Thanks, I do appreciate that.

As to your question, look at my signature for a link or just shoot me a pm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back