THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Apr 9, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #2,776 of 3,874
  That's what I was thinking, but I felt like sharks were swimming around me for just saying I'd rest my headphones on it when it's turned off. ha

Concern for the safety of another human being is not a bad thing. Concern doesn't make me a "shark". Like I said before, suit yourself. But please don't characterize ordinary concern as something other than what it is.

If someone was beating a child in public, would you say something to them? Or just let the child be hurt?
If a gang of people was beating someone senseless, would you stand there and watch? Or would you call 911?

Personally, I'd say something, and I'd call 911. I guess you'd just let bad things happen to other people. That's your choice. I just happen to have a different outlook on life.

Apr 9, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #2,778 of 3,874
As I've said, I have used this amp literally a thousand times... It isn't fully enclosed and does present a shock hazard. Dont think for a second that I'm condoning unsafe building practices or taking mains voltage lightly. I'm not... It would be a simple matter to add some additional lexan parts to close up the sides and top if someone wanted to build a similar enclosure. In my case it just isnt required.

Apr 9, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #2,779 of 3,874
My teenaged daughter loose in my car is a much bigger concern for everyone...
eek.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #2,781 of 3,874

Concern for the safety of another human being is not a bad thing. Concern doesn't make me a "shark". Like I said before, suit yourself. But please don't characterize ordinary concern as something other than what it is.

If someone was beating a child in public, would you say something to them? Or just let the child be hurt?
If a gang of people was beating someone senseless, would you stand there and watch? Or would you call 911?

Personally, I'd say something, and I'd call 911. I guess you'd just let bad things happen to other people. That's your choice. I just happen to have a different outlook on life.

That is blown completely out of proportion.. And no, concern doesn't make you a shark, but when you try and tell somebody to be careful and they respond saying they understand the risks and explain why they believe they can avoid any accidents (such as I did with saying I'm not going to go poking around in it while it's on, and the only thing headphones would touch would be the outside (plus the headphones are made of plastic) and wouldn't rest on it when it's turned on (as they would be on my head)) You don't need to condescend me with some like "Just remember what I said when Mr. Electricity introduces himself to you" 

Secondly, as my original "I've been shocked before, I'll survive" comment was a joke (note the HaHa) The sharks swimming around me was also a playful jab at the situation rather than you personally (once again not the "Ha") I never mean to attack, belittle, or scrutinize anybody through any post and if I did have a problem with a person I would contact them via pm rather than publicly.

I understand your analogies to people being hurt, but I am not a child who doesn't know what he is doing nor somebody who is being beaten senseless, this is a completely different scenario. Now we can just let this whole thing go, because it really doesn't matter, and let the thread get back to it's original purpose

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #2,783 of 3,874
  That is blown completely out of proportion..

Yes, it is blown out of proportion. I'm glad you got my point. That's how I feel about your reaction, too.

So, really, I'm done discussing this. I didn't finish reading this post nor do I care to. Do what you want, I'm done.

Apr 13, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #2,784 of 3,874
Just to move away from the divergence this thread underwent, here are some ideas I have for future stands. Hopefully within the month I'll have all of them built. I'm just waiting on a new bandsaw, which will allow all of these builds (and a limitless number of others). If anyone has any opinions on these rough sketches, or a preference for one over an other please let me know. Sorry for the sketchy quality, I'm a better builder than I am sketcher 
wink_face.gif

Also, FYI, I offer 20% off all stands for headfi members (see my signature). Cheers. 

Apr 13, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #2,786 of 3,874

Users who are viewing this thread

Back