The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Dec 16, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #1,383 of 3,746

Quote:
I got a PM from someone at head-direct when I reviewed the HM-101 and he said the 101 isn't lean, the D2000 was lean.

I've never listened to or talked about a Denon D2000 in my life lol.

I always find it amusing when MOTs jump into discussions about their products and start arguing with people. Last thread like that was a certain amp manufacturer accusing anyone skeptical of his new amp as plotting against him.

I've never heard about someone getting a PM from one though until now. That's hilarious.

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #1,384 of 3,746

Quote:

Cool new walkman that sounds good! "It's a Sony" http://www.head-fi.org/t/584479/new-sony-walkman-z-series-mini-review

This model so Cowon look like the s9 and J3 
tongue_smile.gif
 has Sony really run out of ideas ?

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #1,385 of 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by miragez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This model so Cowon look like the s9 and J3 
tongue_smile.gif
 has Sony really run out of ideas ?

The Cowon S9 is very plastic feeling and very light, it felt a bit "cheap" to me.

This new sony is glass and steel, I love glass and steel.

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #1,386 of 3,746

Quote:
The Cowon S9 is very plastic feeling and very light, it felt a bit "cheap" to me.

This new sony is glass and steel, I love glass and steel.

Just curious what chip does Sony used ? telecast/rockchip/ or others

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #1,388 of 3,746
Dec 16, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #1,390 of 3,746
Quote:
blink.gif
 dun understand the device stated too detail for a noob like me to understand how are this chip according to their series works out which is good all confused... care to explain if you understand them ? my level only telecast / rockchip / wolfson

Okay you see that column on the far right? That is the amplifier section, the chip used to amplify.

So for example you look at the Sony D50, and then go to the right, it uses the NJM4556 chip for it's operational amplifier (OPAMP).

That chip is made by this company - http://semicon.njr.co.jp/jpn/

So the Sony D50 from 1984

Uses the same amplifier section as the Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2 / objective2 from 2011

Interesting right?

The first Sony Discman ever made (which cost over $800 per unit to make btw, in Japan, Sony was losing money) used the same opamp as the most popular portable amplifier today, 27 years later. :)

As for the DAC section in the new Z1070 which I linked to the review of, I don't know where to access that information.

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #1,391 of 3,746
Quote:

my level only telecast / rockchip / wolfson

By the way a telecast is a television broadcast, and Telecaster is a type of guitar.

The Teclast T51, led by Taipower heavy industry boss cat, uses a Fuzhou Rockchip as it's CPU (like an Intel in your PC), a popular Wolfson DAC x 2 (Digital to Analog Converter, this is basically like a sound-card), and a Texas Instruments OPA2604 for the Line-Out (this is useful for connecting to a stereo), and then the line-out (internally) is connceted to the headphone-out, which uses a Philips TDA1308, this is useful for connecting to full-size headphones, or an IEM (In-Ear Monitor).

The result is pretty good sound-quality, and that's why I use it as my reference DAP (Digital Audio Player), when I have the chance to listen to headphones or IEM's which aren't my own.

The sound-quality isn't shocking or anything, it's just fairly even and subtle reference quality sound, however once you're used to listening to IEM's on the T51 over a long time, and you switch to something else, you think your IEM's are broken, or the device is weak, it's not striking, it's a subtle effect that took me a while to notice when my primary IEM was the ATH-CK10.

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #1,392 of 3,746
A small update :
http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/16/sonys-xba-balanced-armature-in-ear-headphone-lineup-headed-to-t/

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #1,393 of 3,746
The first four comments are hilarious, and typical:

iH8poorpple17 minutes ago
F** SONY!

+
ReplyReply

Jed Meyers29 minutes ago
    Standard overpriced OEM crap designed and manufactured in the People's Republic with the Sony label on top.

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #1,394 of 3,746

Users who are viewing this thread

Back