The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Sep 11, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #91 of 3,746

Sony has two Walkman phones using Android (the W8 and the "Live with walkman") and then they have an audio-centric android tablet coming out soon.

Since no phones will surpass the sound quality of my T51, all I want is a mobile phone that's not Apple, not google, is a high-end smartphone, and has decent audio so I can leave my bulky T51 at home and just take my mobile phone, my custom IEM's, my keys and my wallet with me when I go outside sometimes.

Hmm Android = Google? I know why you are not using Apple phones, because they are overpriced but what is it with Google phones you don't like? Because almost all the phones have Android(so Google) or iOS(Apple).

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #92 of 3,746
I know almost all phones have Android or iOS, which is why I am close to giving up and getting the "Live with walkman" android phone, but on the last page someone pointed out that Microsoft have released a really good smartphone interface, so I'd prefer to use that.

Apple phones are a bit overpriced and closed-circuit, they force you to use everything apple.

Google I just don't like as a company, on the previous page I called them the blob, I used to think google were cool before they went on the stock market, and then it just became more intense and now they want to "google-ize" everything and "own" information, when information (and the internet) should be free, I don't want the internet to become a google database and that's what they want.

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #95 of 3,746
so, audioland = china? 
blink.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #96 of 3,746

In that article, he makes a good point that record labels have deep archives of 24 bit files.

As the internet speeds and hard-disk sizes increase, in the future everyone will be listening to 24 bit / 96 kHz lossless, and MP3 will be a thing of the past, it's just a matter of time really.

I don't have enough experience with 24/96 to judge, but I can pick up the difference between 44.1kHz and 44.1kHz upsampled into 48kHz if that says anything.

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #97 of 3,746
Hey Kiteki why don't you maybe do some research on this product I think it's out of Japan. I originally got wind of it from the post pictures of your portable rig thread. The guy who posted a pic of it says he loves the sound and if it meshes up with your mobile provider's bandwidth service it might be the alternative you're looking for. I personally think the form factor is quite nice looking.

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #98 of 3,746

the INFOBAR huh, thanks I favorited it on youtube.

Yeah, well, a western phone that runs Microsoft OS, or a Japanese phone seem like my options, in the past Japanese phones have been pretty expensive, especially over here, but I do like Japanese products, obviously (except for the Sensaphonics Japan J-phonic K2 SP IEM which I hated and can't recommend to anyone).

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #99 of 3,746

Quote:

Ahem... I'm sold. Wait, what am I buying again? 
evil_smiley.gif

It doesn't matter. Just give the pretty girls your money and be done with it. 

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #100 of 3,746
I know almost all phones have Android or iOS, which is why I am close to giving up and getting the "Live with walkman" android phone, but on the last page someone pointed out that Microsoft have released a really good smartphone interface, so I'd prefer to use that.

Apple phones are a bit overpriced and closed-circuit, they force you to use everything apple.

Google I just don't like as a company, on the previous page I called them the blob, I used to think google were cool before they went on the stock market, and then it just became more intense and now they want to "google-ize" everything and "own" information, when information (and the internet) should be free, I don't want the internet to become a google database and that's what they want.

Haha yeah the mighty invincible Steve Jobs hands :D Funny I actually looked actually the same at those companies, the only difference is that I am starting to love Google again xD They make profit by creating as much pagevieuws as possible, so Android/Gmail/Google Music(anyone wants a beta invite? It's awesome) are all generating pageviews that is how they make their money. It's kinda scary that Google practically knows everything, from my musical taste to with whom I mail, live and go to school to but at the end of the day I rather have one company have all that information where I feel the data is secure and have control over than that is spread around different Internet companies.

Wow the infobar looks awesome! Love the looks of it

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #105 of 3,746

Quote:
I'm looking forward to the T59 girl, that's supposed to be Teclasts next audiophile product and I'm going to buy it in a split second when it's for sale, they just really don't seem to be in a rush to release it... and the western world keeps bitching about their UI and telling them to fix it, when I think it's perfectly fine. 

Hi kiteki,

Again, great write up, but wanted to ask about the Teclast.  I was in between the Teclast & J3 several months ago.  Went with iPhone4 in the end (contract was up, so it was the logical step with phone and dap as well).

What exactly is the issue with the UI?  Many contradicting sides to it.  I figure you are definitely a Teclast guru and can enlighten me on it.....Thanks

My needs basically for a DAP are:  FLAC, ALAC and / or OGG support.  Gapless playback a must with no glitches.  Decent UI (album art etc.) and not needing to use an MIT degree to navigate.

Thanks very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back