The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Dec 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #3,062 of 21,761
Quote:
Tom is selling his Frankenstein CIEMs!

One-of-a-kind, and can be "upgraded" a number of ways. Like playing an RPG. Only with earphones.

I really want to see these go to a diary regular....

haha... Thanks for the shout-out; I decided to abandon the project simply because it got too annoying waiting for the company I was working with to get their act together. I also need to pay for a lot of stuff outside of audio. I really hope whoever takes it in the end does something interesting with it though; I'd totally be willing to teach them the ins and outs of making something unique...

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #3,063 of 21,761
A convinience store near me sells these Dorayaki fish things

tumblr_mamtl9GH5J1rw687fo1_500.jpg

I stuffed my freezer full of them.

Today all I've had to eat is black coffee and ice-cream stuffed fish.  I think I should keep my breakfast and lunch based on these fish, and eat Sichuan, Thai, Jap or Italian for dinner, lifestyle of champions!  (I weigh 69kg)

I quit smoking (once more) and feel perfectly fine. 

This is how my portable audio looks right now ...

Except I want to replace the Teclast X19+ with something else, I bought a SanDisk Clip+ (black) last night and 64 card, except I don't think I'll feel satisfied with the Clip+ sound quality.

Sony A, S or F series series come to mind.  Anyone have an idea what else I can use here?, the width has to be less than 56mm. ~ ~ ~

Inside the amplifier I'm using LT1363 which is my new favorite IC, I love it to death.

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #3,064 of 21,761
Congrats on quitting...again. Ice-cream stuffed fish has me intrigued just after midnight on the coast. Lots of protein?

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #3,065 of 21,761
Thanks!  It's not easy to quit, it feels like something is 'missing' in your blood, a little, and my resting pulse has gone up, which felt weird...

The dietary value table (in Vietnamise for some reason) says...

Kcal 190
Dudng Carbohyrate 33
Chat beo 6
Chat dam 3

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #3,066 of 21,761
Dec 7, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #3,067 of 21,761
Quote:
Today is [one of my] names days.  In Sweden, we celebrate names - http://www.scandinavius.com/sweden/seconnections/namesday/dec.html

Since Coq de Combat is skilled in IT perhaps he can set up a mIRC server for us, haha.

Actually, I have only two given names/forenames (is any of them more correct than the other?) - Ville Valtteri which would be the finnish counterparts of Vilhelm and Walter. I've also contemplated, since I changed my last name (again, what to use?), to change my first name to Vilhelm. I think it sounds more classic in some way. 
Quote:

The same linguistic root is used for "commuting" and "commuter", but our use of the cognate is inconsistent. English speakers don't transport to work every morning and don't ride commutators to do it.

English is weird. That's what makes it fun.

Quote:

Not really. "Communication" is derived from the Latin word "communicatus, communicare" ( to impart, participate), "commute" is derived from another Latin word commutare ( to change, exchange).

Quote:

I stand corrected. Oh well.

...I agree, english is weird. 
Quote:

Edit: Oh and happy birthday Coq! And Kiteki, I played Shadowrun on my SNES and you wake up with a bomb in your head and it really scared me because it was the first time I've ever played a game where the impending doom is tied to something happening in real time so yeah lets not play that pretty please?!.

Thank you my friend!
Quote:
This thread has some cool people innit.

cool.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #3,068 of 21,761
What's your guys' thoughts on how some of the sponsor posters here who come in and answer questions and frankly, advertise their product?

On one hand, I am incredibly wary of shills and promoters. In this audio world there is enough false information even by those with good intentions. I don't really like to have to deal with even more of that.

On the other hand, sometimes they can be really informative and it does make me like the product more a little if there's a person behind the design. Or maybe that's just marketing at work...

On the other hand I think I definitely don't like those people who say "they know a designer" and they act like a middleman. Those guys are annoying.

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #3,069 of 21,761
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, I have only two given names/forenames (is any of them more correct than the other?) - Ville Valtteri which would be the finnish counterparts of Vilhelm and Walter.

...oh you're Finnish.  Hmm, by the way, back in the early 2000's did you use lunarstorm?, and if yes, what was your username there? =P

What's your guys' thoughts on how some of the sponsor posters here who come in and answer questions and frankly, advertise their product?

The best place for information on a product is straight from the horses mouth.

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #3,070 of 21,761
Quote:

...oh you're Finnish.  Hmm, by the way, back in the early 2000's did you use lunarstorm?, and if yes, what was your username there? =P

The best place for information on a product is straight from the horses mouth.

Born in österbotten in Finland, but I'm pretty much Swedish now. Have lived here close to 30 years now, and I changed my citizenship after my army duty.

LOL, in fact I did. IIRC it was Blauarsch or apop... Also, I used those nicknames on dalnet, efnet and qnet. I was systemerror on helgon, if you ever had that.

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #3,071 of 21,761
/ I was systemerror on helgon, if you ever had that.

SökresultatLista | Lista & bilder | Bilder  
Din sökning gav 8 träffar.
Sökningen visar dock max 100 träffar.

# Användarnamn Från Senast inloggad
1 systembolagets K95 Göteborg i Sverige Igår kl 08:33
2 system_1 K22 Falun i Sverige 26/11 kl 18:07
3 systembolaget123 K28 Örebro i Sverige 17/11 kl 21:02
4 SystemError T24 Norrköping i Sverige 15/11 kl 19:28
5 Systemfehler T27 Dyce i Storbritannien    6/11 kl 13:15
6 Systemfel K28 Norrtälje i Sverige 1/6 kl 09:56
7 SystemOfDestruction T19     Nora i Sverige 4/4 kl 18:47
8 SketetSystem K20 Härnösand i Sverige 9/3 kl 17:53

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #3,072 of 21,761
Quote:
Hey a_recording how r u.  This thread has some cool people innit.
I moved to Indonesia around 5 months ago in case you missed that.
I wonder what shadowrun music (chiptune, glitch etc.) sounds like on FXD80's. =D
The most suspenseful and scary game I ever played was on the NES, then I got older and videogames weren't scary anymore. =(
Edit:  I didn't know the story was you wake up with a bomb in your head lol.

I see and know all! Actually, you told me you were going to Indonesia that time we met haha. But yes I knew. How's that big change up going for you?
Actually, the game really was quite scary because it was dark and gritty (despite being like, what, 10 pixels?) and had the same effect on me that Akira did when I was young.

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #3,073 of 21,761
Quote:

SökresultatLista | Lista & bilder | Bilder  
Din sökning gav 8 träffar.
Sökningen visar dock max 100 träffar.

# Användarnamn Från Senast inloggad
1 systembolagets K95 Göteborg i Sverige Igår kl 08:33
2 system_1 K22 Falun i Sverige 26/11 kl 18:07
3 systembolaget123 K28 Örebro i Sverige 17/11 kl 21:02
4 SystemError T24 Norrköping i Sverige 15/11 kl 19:28
5 Systemfehler T27 Dyce i Storbritannien    6/11 kl 13:15
6 Systemfel K28 Norrtälje i Sverige 1/6 kl 09:56
7 SystemOfDestruction T19     Nora i Sverige 4/4 kl 18:47
8 SketetSystem K20 Härnösand i Sverige 9/3 kl 17:53

Yup, I think I'm no longer in any of their databases. That SystemError is not me, but someone who took my old nickname. But I do however know Systemfel! We started chatting about our nicknames.. I wonder if he remembers me. LOL

This was years ago. I unregistered myself from helgon somewhere in 2007 or so I think. Then I re-registered myself under the nickname Idiopatique. Which I, of course, later unregistered. Helgon always was an on/off place for me.

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #3,074 of 21,761

Users who are viewing this thread

Back