1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2

1. veyrongatti
    The 5S has a Sabre chip right? The SGN2 uses the Wolfson W1811 maybe its the stock firmware? Apparently If you use Viper it improves.........

2. Coq de Combat
    That makes sense though. The thing is just that high-resolution on small screens opens other cans of worms, even for developers who may want to optimize their software for high-resolution dual screens. An article suggested that they would be looking to implement 4K screens. That would be something, but I'm not sure everyone is willing to invest in what it takes to play games at that resolution. Ahh, oh well, no need for me to nag about it any more than I already have. I was disappointed in the screen, but not the concept.

3. vwinter

I haven't tried the SGN2 or 1 or any Samsung for that matter. So I can't really compare. Sorry if I was unclear in my previous post.

The 5S has a Cirrus Logic chip that is unlabeled/Apple labeled as per their agreement with Apple, supposedly. It also has a separate class D amp chip supposedly also from Cirrus Logic. I'm curious to try it out against a good Sabre implementation in the semi-near future actually.

People also have been saying that iOS 7 changes the sound and I've just gotten access to an iPhone 4S with iOS 7 so I'll give that a listen in the next few days.

4. gelocks

Thanks...
    Wow... Huge list!
    Let's see what I like from this list, I'm pretty sure I haven't listened to 95% of what's here!

5. Mimouille
    I think I have maybe 40 to 50% in common with that list :)

6. warrenpchi Administrator

Lol, I ended up not doing any of that as I was feeling under the weather.  [​IMG]

7. C.C.S.
    Why is it that now that I'm at college, I find it more reasonable to spend lots of money on audio gear? Isn't the opposite supposed to happen? I figured that I'd be overprotective of my money by now. I have since found that I absolutely am not.

8. drez
    Audiophile disease has a will of its own lol.

9. MuppetFace
    I think going to college you have a certain sense of freedom as you enter into the world at large, so even though money is tighter you have this desire to spend it on your whims more freely.

Also music consumption just goes hand-in-hand with college. I remember that was a time of great discovery for me, learning about artists and genres of which I was previously unawares. Went from thinking Radiohead, Beck, and Gorillaz were the only artists worth listening to, to listening to everything from Aesop Rock to The Zombies (WAY too many 'TOs" in that last sentence...).

Now I'm all nostalgic.

10. Mimouille
    I specifically remember the quantity of pot in the equivalent of college for me made a lot of music sound great.

11. C.C.S.

I could not possibly agree more about the music consumption thing. We alternate each week between open mic nights and concerts at the performing arts club here. I never thought I would so easily have the chance to buy this much music directly from the artists involved and get to talk to them about what they're doing. It's a really cool experience.

12. Tangster
    It'll ease off when you find yourself living on ramen for three months straight because you just needed to get that amp.[​IMG]

13. Argybargy
    Look what just showed up.  My very first Android phone.

Would it be gauche for me to install Itunes?

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

14. C.C.S.

Headphones, actually. I already put a little bit of money into a good amplifier.

15. a_recording
    I envy you Americans and your whole living on-campus thing.

I have often heard that it contributes to your great sense of independent spirit. *plays some patriotic music*