The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 12, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #32,972 of 35,343
Linsoul KZ x Crinacle CRN (ZEX Pro) Electret Electrostatic DD+BA Hybrid Driver HiFi in Ear Earphone with Zinc Alloy Faceplate, Detachable 2Pin Silver-Plated Cable (With or without Mic) for $31.99. Seems to be a low price according to camelcamelcamel. Other colors and other KZ's are on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NQ4LBLM/

Jul 12, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #32,974 of 35,343
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #32,975 of 35,343
Jul 13, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #32,977 of 35,343
This little fanless PC makes a great little box for Roon. You can put Roon Bridge or Roon Server on it, connect with a USB DAC, and you have a cheap, low powered Roon ready streamer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XB5SPJT

Jul 13, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #32,978 of 35,343
Beyerdynamic Specials for 2 days in Audio46

There is a couple of Open Boxes cheaper.

beyerdynamic top deals headfi.png

For 2 days only, save up to 33% on in-stock Beyerdynamic at Audio46 - In-Store and Online!

SHOP BEYERDYNAMIC>

Jul 13, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #32,979 of 35,343
Jul 13, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #32,980 of 35,343
So the M&D me05 is authentic, they are sealed and have everything included, is it worth $180? Probably not, but for $8 it is well worth it, sounds decent as a budget unit and has a decent soundstage, looks neat as well. Clarity is meh but it has a mic so I am going to get a few more as gifts. The build quality seems nice and they are heavy, bass is leaning on the heavier side but it is acceptable.

Edit: with final tips they are significantly better, reduced the bass and the vocal is more forward. Stock tips are hot garbage.
Received my pair today. Initial impressions are Master & Dynamic are world-class thieves for charging $199 for these at retail upon launch. A classic example of marketing hype and form over function. No different than M&D's over-ear cans, which are "made in Brooklyn" yuppie specials disguised as audiophile cans.

But for $8? Hell, they're a handy little pair of IEMs with decent, slightly V-shaped sound. Soundstage and imaging are decent but nothing to shout about from the mountain top. My Moondrop Starfields and AKG N400NC TWS buds sound considerably better. The cable also is microphonic as hell.

Again, though: These are $8. More than worth it and handy to have at that price. Sound is decent, and build quality and finish are excellent. FAR better than many disposable wired IEMs at this price point.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #32,981 of 35,343
Received my pair today. Initial impressions are Master & Dynamic are world-class thieves for charging $199 for these at retail upon launch. A classic example of marketing hype and form over function.

But for $8? Hell, they're a handy little pair of IEMs with decent, slightly V-shaped sound. Soundstage and imaging are decent but nothing to shout about from the mountain top. My Moondrop Starfields and AKG N400NC TWS buds sound considerably better. The cable also is microphonic as hell.

Again, though: These are $8. More than worth it and handy to have at that price. Sound is decent, and build quality and finish are excellent. FAR better than many disposable wired IEMs at this price point.
Happy with mine as well -- agreed about the microphonic cord, and the tuning is slightly fat-bottomed, but (surprisingly) if you listen to Baroque or classical music you don't get the cellos in your face. They are also extremely easy to drive -- so loud that I needed an impedance adapter to share a Y connection watching a movie.

However: the supplier when I got them was Corner Store. The remaining Amazon deals on ME05 and ME03 are from Refurb Supply Store and its user reviews are full of horror stories like someone who ordered a phone and got a bag of rocks (even though for some reason Amazon still gives them 100%). Will be curious about how people fare if that's the supplier.

Jul 13, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #32,982 of 35,343
Yeah...mine arrive this Saturday.

I added these to an order to get the total over $100 and get a discount. Always good to have some decent 'throwaway' iems for phone calls, a quick listen, loaners, etc.

Been a while since I've done that; last time ended up 'paying' $2.26 for some HiFiMan RE400s after a discount and using some amazon reward points :beerchug:

They're plugged into my laptop and sound pretty good for $2 :wink:

HIFIMAN RE400 in-Ear Monitor-Hi Fi Earphone/Earbud
Condition: New

Item Subtotal: $29.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.15
Total Before Tax: $18.85
Estimated Tax: $1.51
Reward Points: -$18.10
Order Total: $2.26

Jul 13, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #32,984 of 35,343
Secondipity, as of this posting, is offering 20% off in several categories including consumer electronics which obviously covers headphones. The discount shows up in cart. They have several Sony refurbished models available including the MDR-Z7M2, WH-1000XM5, WF-1000XM4, MDR-1AM2. I just grabbed a pair of the MDR-Z7M2 for $350 including taxes and free shipping. I've ordered several items from them over the years including the WF-1000XM4, original MDR-Z7, and a5100 camera. All were like new.

https://secondipity.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back