The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 14, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #31,473 of 35,338
Etymotic Research Limited Edition ER2XR Extended Response High Performance in-Ear Earphones (Limited Edition Compatible iPhone Adapter and New Dual Flange Tip Assortment)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FEP5F6

camelchart-locale-usasin-b005fep5f6pricetypes-amazonforce-1zero-0w-358h-430desired-falselegend...png

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #31,478 of 35,338
Pre-Order on the Drop + Sennheiser HD 8XX is up.
It's currently priced at $1100 and you get $200 in Drop credits which you can use to purchase other things.
They only start shipping in November and do not ship to all countries at the moment.
Also does not come with the balanced cable which is $300 separately.

<https://drop.com/buy/drop-sennheiser-hd-8xx-headphones/>

wkOLbePfS7CQElMrpXrI_PC.png

mcUxpuZbRyKeaj2w0EGK_0815_Dropsenneiser_8xx-revised.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #31,481 of 35,338
Pre-Order on the Drop + Sennheiser HD 8XX is up.
It's currently priced at $1100 and you get $200 in Drop credits which you can use to purchase other things.
They only start shipping in November and do not ship to all countries at the moment.
Also does not come with the balanced cable which is $300 separately.

<https://drop.com/buy/drop-sennheiser-hd-8xx-headphones/>
Don't post that in the deals thread man, that's not a deal :)

Feb 18, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #31,482 of 35,338
Have never pre-ordered anything from them... Do they charge the credit card now or will it be more like a temporary hold until they ship the item when they actually charge the card?
I believe it's an up-front charge. When Massdrop started, it was about group buys making unusual products (like limited run keycap sets) happen. They branched out, and tried to go more mainstream over the years. Problem is, once they started offering a lot of products you can get elsewhere, they haven't always been that competitive on price and/or shipping times, with Amazon shipping far faster at the same or a bit more price, and places like AliExpress taking about the same time to ship at the same or a bit lower price, depending on the product. Their after-sales support is also somewhere between Amazon and AliExpress. A distinguishing pursuit for them has been collaborative products, which when launched are more like a Kickstarter in the sense that you front the money to them potentially a long time before the product ships. Not as risky as a Kickstarter, but an unusual practice. That has sometimes translated into products that they have later stocked and can be shipped on demand, more like a regular store. I think of Drop as an odd site... I like to visit it and get their emails mostly just to keep up on products, but don't buy much from them that often.

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #31,483 of 35,338
I believe it's an up-front charge. When Massdrop started, it was about group buys making unusual products (like limited run keycap sets) happen. They branched out, and tried to go more mainstream over the years. Problem is, once they started offering a lot of products you can get elsewhere, they haven't always been that competitive on price and/or shipping times, with Amazon shipping far faster at the same or a bit more price, and places like AliExpress taking about the same time to ship at the same or a bit lower price, depending on the product. Their after-sales support is also somewhere between Amazon and AliExpress. A distinguishing pursuit for them has been collaborative products, which when launched are more like a Kickstarter in the sense that you front the money to them potentially a long time before the product ships. Not as risky as a Kickstarter, but an unusual practice. That has sometimes translated into products that they have later stocked and can be shipped on demand, more like a regular store. I think of Drop as an odd site... I like to visit it and get their emails mostly just to keep up on products, but don't buy much from them that often.
Well, the HD-6xx was/is competitively priced. But overall, pricing has been hit-or-miss -- some very good deals, and others ... not so much.

As far as when they charge, it seems to depend on the item. I've had them charge me immediately for some items, and much later for others. In this case, the listing says:
Payment will be collected at checkout.

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #31,484 of 35,338
Feb 18, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #31,485 of 35,338
Don't post that in the deals thread man, that's not a deal :)
It's a deal to me. I almost just bought a HD800S (on sale) for $1400. This is basically $900 for a new, improved model (once you spend the $200 credit, and I can definitely find somewhere on drop to spend it). Balance cables I can get for $100-$150 later, no big deal. If Sennheiser had released it themselves, it would be $1600-$2000, albeit, with balanced cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back